It's Not That Easy

Barry's POV

I am in the penthouse and the kids are with Caitlin and Cisco for the day to go out and have fun. I needed some alone time and they knew that. So they took the kids out for a day at the carnival. Being a father to these kids is hard. So so hard. Especially when you have your husband overseas and he has been for the past 3 years and they want to keep him there for 3 more. It has nothing to do with the kids but they deserve so much better than me. I grab my phone with my shaking hands. I dial my bosses number. He is also my godfather. "Allen you are 3 hours late! Where the hell are you!" He yells making me flinch a little. "I-I can't come in today." I say. "Your crying. Bas what happened." He says and I can tell the godfather side of him is coming out. "I-It's just one of those days ya know. Where I feel so useless. So disturbed by myself." I say crying harder. "Ok ok it's alright. I can tell you don't want to explain. You don't have to. Here take the weekend off. Spend some time with the kids. But Caitlin called me and told my that she had the kiddos. So take today to yourself ok." He says. "Y-Yeah." I say. "Call me tonight ok. If you need anything you can come over to my place. Rob won't care. Okay." He says. We talk a bit more before I hang up. I call Jeff. "Hello." He says. "Bas." He says when I didn't respond at first. "Where are you." I ask. "At the auditorium practicing. Why aren't you here. Why are you crying." He says worriedly. "I'm just a few minutes from there. I'll be there soon." I say hanging up and throwing on some black sweat pants, a white t-shirt, and one of Hunter's jackets. I wipe my eyes and run there. I walk in the door and point out a specific blonde I was looking for and I practically tackle him when I latch onto him and start sobbing harder. "Hey easy. I got ya. I got ya. Let it out." He says running his hand through my hair. 

Jeff's POV

I can tell he is really upset. Especially for him to cry in front of the New Directions. "God I feel awful Jeffy. I try to spend time with the kids. Try to take care of them to the best of my ability.  But it is so hard because I am managing so much right now." He cries into my shoulder. "I know Bastian. But things will get easier. Hunter will be home soon to help." I say. "N-No he won't. They want to keep him over there for 3 more years." He mutters. I hold him tighter. After a few minutes later he pulls away. "I needed that. Thank you." He says wiping his eyes. "Anytime." I say. "Stop overreacting Meerkat. Kids are easy." Kurt says. I glare at him. Bas snaps. "Oh really?! Kids are easy?! Well thank you for that bit of knowledge Lady Hummel! I never knew kids could be so easy!" Bas yells every damn word with his voice full of venom and sarcasm. I look at Wes and Nick. They know we may have to hold him back. "Kids are one of the hardest things I have ever dealt with! It is not as easy as it seems! Because it is so so hard! Wait till you have to deal with 7 kids alone while battling cancer with your husband being deployed overseas! It is so so hard! Because while I am supposed to be resting I can't! Because I have a family to take care of! Yes my husband probably could be sent back home seeing as my condition was becoming what the doctors called a medical crisis! But I feel like a burden to him! Everyday wondering why he even married someone like me! Hell I didn't even tell him I was sick until he managed to get home for a weekend when Santana reach out to him saying I was sick! To this day I am still fighting cancer! 3 years now! Everyday as a parent I think am I good enough for these kids! Every argument we have I always debate whether I am worthy of their trust! Hell my oldest daughter Nora hates me! When I was in high school and she was just this small 4 year old girl I always wondered am I good enough for her! As if the child could hear my thoughts she would always reassured me that I was! I hate it because that bond I had with that little girl is gone! My biggest worry with all of my kids is what if they all go down the same path I did! It is a terrifying thought because I know what it was like to feel so alone, feel abandoned, feel worthless! I already gave Nora epilepsy! I gave Bray ADHD! I gave Em ADHD as well! It is awful! I blame myself everyday for that! Hunter isn't here to talk me out of anything anymore! Being a father is so hard! I question everything I do for them!" He yells as he collapses to the ground and starts sobbing again. I go to walk over and hug him but Nick stops me. I turn to where he is pointing and see Hunter Clarington standing there. He walks over to Bas and hugs him tightly. 

Hunter's POV

I pull him into me and I set there holding him as he cries. "H-Hunt" He says looking up. "I'm right here baby." I say and he buries his head into my chest again. I card my hand through his hair. Awhile later he calms down and me and him are talking while he is drinking some water trying to rehydrate himself. "I'm glad your home." He says and I kiss him. He blushes. I chuckle. "12 years later and you still can make him a nervous wreck!" Thad says laughing. Bas rolls his eyes, but we all know it's true. We goof off for awhile and we all try to cheer Bas up. In the matter of an our he is smiling ear to ear.