The Lawyer

Puck's POV

So I walk into the kitchen and sigh. "What the hell do you want Smythe." I say. "I came here to talk to you. For us to be fully prepared for tomorrow I am going to have to make sure every little thing is covered...." He says trailing off when Quinn walks out of the living room. She is glaring at me. "Give him some respect Noah. He is trying to make sure your ass doesn't rot in a jail cell. And you owe some respect to Britt as well because she is the one who got ahold of him." She scolds. "Jesus. My bad." I say. "I'm used to it, Ms. Fabray. Your boyfriends harsh words do not affect me." He says. "Fiancée actually." I say. "Ignore him Sebastian. Just ignore it. Here take a glass of wine." Quinn says reaching him a glass of wine. "Why are you being nice to him." I say. "Because Noah. Maybe he has changed. We would never know unless we gave him a chance. You never know what a person has been through and trauma can really have an effect on a persons behavior." Quinn snaps at me. "Yeah and what kind of trauma can he have. Getting a papercut." I say. "When I was 4 years old I was taken from my parents by a group called Hydra. They placed me with my aunt who had no idea I was my parents because she had lost contact with them after I was born. I grew up with her and her husband Henry. Nora and Henry treated me as their own. Gave me a home. When I was 7 years old Henry's brother came over to the house and I had never met him before. They asked him to watch me for a few hours. He tied me to my own bed so I wouldn't fight him or get lose and stripped his clothes off and took mine off as well. I was 7 and couldn't do anything. He sexually assaulted me everytime he watched me for 5 months. Then one day Henry had forgot something in the house and came upstairs looking for us and to ask if I wanted anything from the gift shop at the hospital. He walked into my room when his brother forgot to lock the door that day. Henry always kept a pistol strapped to his hip for safe measures. He shot him 4 times in the stomach and once in the chest. It didn't kill him and he is still alive. At the age of 8 I tried to kill myself because Henry's brother was released from prison. At the age of 9 I was kidnapped and brutally beaten for 2 weeks before anyone found me. At the age of 11 I was separated from them and was sexually assaulted again. Then 3 months later Nora was murdered by the impossible and I had to watch. Then had to watch as Henry was wrongfully accused for a murder he didn't commit. I had always been bullied and after the incident as I call it it only got worse. Especially because my foster father and sister were black. I was bullied for that to. Not that them being a different race bothered me at all. When I was 13 I was beaten up badly by bullies and was hospitalized. Was given a service dog to help with anxiety and to help me with my self harm. Then to help with the panic attacks as well from the flashbacks. At the age of 14 I got a girlfriend named Vanessa Redlynn was psychotic and fooled me. She lied that I raped her after drugging me. Then later on fooled me again and started drugging me again. She had tricked me into cutting myself. If my father hadn't have though something was wrong and hadn't have came to the woods where she had taken me I would be dead. At the age of 15 I accidently blinded a man I thought of as my best friend. Never intended to hurt anyone. It was supposed to be a scare. The least it was gonna do was stain a few shoes. Then later proceeded to make photoshopped naked photos of a man who had done nothing other than the sheer fact I wanted to piss of his brother. Then I was the reason a man almost killed himself because I was aggravated and broken and alone and said things I never meant. I hated it all. So so much. If it wasn't for Wes explaining what happened to the Warblers I would have lost them to. At age 16 Hunter Clarington came along and I took in all of his problems and got cussed out by him almost every single night until he realized I was going to stay. That I wouldn't up and leave like everyone else did to him. The steroid accusation your little band of losers created almost got him disowned, almost got me and him both kicked out of Dalton, and almost got us band from ever performing again. Harley, the kid who told you the truth was the kid we kicked out of the Warblers two weeks before that because he hated us all and talked shit about us and bullied us. He wanted revenge. At age 18 I had started college, Hunter asked me to marry him, everyone was happy, then my grandpa who was my best friend in life died from cancer. I was in the room singing to him when he died. He died in my bedroom. That is where he wanted to stay. Said it reminded him of me while I was off at college. He died clutching my hand. Then 3 weeks later I got the call in class that my grandmother who was my other best friend died in her sleep. I didn't get to say goodbye. Then 2 weeks later Hunter told me he was going getting deployed out to Afghanistan for 3 years. He still hasn't came home yet. They keep deploying him for longer. I am 27 now. I haven't seen him for 9 years. Just phone calls, video chats when he can, letters, gift packages. At age 18 I miscarried from all of the stress. Hunter and I were devastated. People tell me to this day that it was for the best and would have ruined my life. Right now I would give anything to be able to hold them. It was twins. Two boys. Hunter was getting deployed the day after we found out I miscarried. I wouldn't talk to anyone else. I didn't eat anything, drink anything, didn't shower, didn't change clothes, didn't go to class, wouldn't answer my phone, hell I only got out of bed to go use the bathroom. This went on for a week until the Dean at my college got a spare key for my dorm and finally got in and found me passed out on the floor. At age 19 I was kidnapped by Hydra and used as a weapon for a year and a half. At age 21 I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Age 22 I was getting weaker but still hid my cancer from everyone around me. Age 23 I was bedridden and couldn't move without help. I could barely eat anything and was so weak all I did was sleep. So one day when I passed out they took me to the hospital and I was admitted. Age 24 I had finally one against cancer, then the next week my service dog Nico died. She had been alive for 13 years at that point because I got her when she was 2. Age 25 the particle accelerator malfunctioned and I managed to get everyone safe and redirect the blast but locked myself in it and was struck by lightning. Was in a nine month coma and woke up and everything was different. Age 26 I was stabbed on my birthday by my previous rapists. Then 2 weeks later I was pinned to a wall by a cop I thought of as a friend and he raped me. It was awful having to relive that trauma. At the age of 27 a dear friend of mine was murdered in front of me. I was backstabbed by said friend and turns out they faked their death and was evil, two months later came back and retraumatized me by kidnapping a dearer friend and then killing another. Can I have some more wine please." He explains, directing the last part to Quinn. "Of course you can have more wine. We have vodka if preferred. You need it." She says. "Damn right he needs it. I'm sorry I said that earlier. Hearing that snapped me back into the right mindset. Now what do we have to go over." I say. "Even I frightened you with that. And that is only the main trauma in my life that scarred me for eternity. Now let's begin this long list of things we should go over." He says. 

**Fast Forward 4 hours**

Sebastian's POV

"So your telling me your dad pushed you onto the ice when you refused to get on it with them and you hit a weak spot in it and fell through the ice and they had to literally fish you out like you would a fish but with rope." Noah says laughing. I put the case files back in the briefcase while nodding. "Well Sebastian I am about to start dinner. Would you like to stay for dinner." Quinn asks. "I would be delightful...I mean I would be delighted. God I need sleep." I say. She smiles and Noah chuckles. He looks at me as she walks away from earshot. "What do you think my chances are tomorrow." He says. "If I am going to be completely honest it is a 50/50. Now don't get me wrong I will fight tooth and nail to win this for you but I have dealt with over half of the people on the jury before and once they are set on an answer you have to fought tooth and nail just to get their answer to waver let alone change. Then again, I could also be mad because this isn't the judge I normally deal with here. This is a different judge I have never dealt. The pros of not knowing the judge are not only do I not know the way she runs the court but the defendant and his attorney most likely don't either. The cons are I have no idea what the way of the land is with this judge." I say taking a drink of wine. "I also want to say this. If we were to lose do not expect for me to demand a payment. And even if we win it is only a 300 dollar payment. But also if we lose expect your case to be reopened. We will not go down without a fight." I say. 

**Fast forward to during the last few moments of court**

We are waiting for the judge to tell us if he is deemed guilty or not guilty. "Noah Puckerman, who was charged of 2 degree murder of his cousin, has been deemed....." She says opening the paper. "Not guilty!" She exclaims. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Quinn and Puck hug and kiss. I sigh and set down. "Your going to cause me to go grey headed early Puckerman." I say. I stand up and he hugs me shocking me but I hug him back. "Thank you.." He mutters letting go. "Anytime. I'm going to give it to you this way because I know you guys are struggling a little right now. Don't worry about the payment. I will have it cleared by tonight so you will only get the letter in the mail not the bill." I say smiling as I pack all of my stuff up. I notice the others over there look mad and their attorney looks pissed. "This isn't fair!" He yells. "Tip number one in being a high class lawyer especially for supreme court, never and I mean never let yourself get tongue tied or let something slip." I say grabbing my stuff and walking out. As I am heading out of the court house I am walking down the hall and see a picture frame with a picture of my dad and then me beside it. It is a wall of lawyers. "Your picture was put up after you got justice for the woman who all of her family was murdered." The judge says. "We figured why not put it right beside your father's. Like father like son I guess huh." She says. "Yeah I guess so. I miss him a lot but I could never come back after that fight. I said some awful things to him. I never meant them." I say. "Look Sebastian. If your feeling this much guilt imagine how much your father is feeling right now. Your his baby. His only child. Imagine how upset he is after losing you." She says. "Yeah I guess so." I say as I get tackled in a hug by Quinn. "Thank you so much." She whispers. "Anytime." I say. She lets go and I smile. "How about you come over for dinner." She says. I nod. "That sounds nice." I say. She drags me back to where Noah is hugging some of his friends.