Chapter Twenty-One: A Reunion of Some Sort

-chapter twenty-one-

THIRD PERSON

"Are you alright?"

Finn stared at the man with disbelief. Akala niya talaga sumama na ito kay Marcella kanina dahil parang sunod-sunoran naman ito sa babae. She can't also help but think why this guy usually appears every time she needs help.

Dapat niya sigurong layuan ang lalaking 'to.

"Hey. Are you alright?"

Natigilan si Finn nang mas lumapit sa kaniya si Wes. The man has his brows furrowed, confused at her lack of response. Tumango siya't yumuko para magpasalamat.

"Are you sure?" tanong nito ulit at tiningnan siya mula ulo hanggang paa. His eyes met hers once again. "Have you calmed down?"

Tumango ulit si Finn dahil talaga namang okay na siya.

"That's good." Wes crossed his arms. "You shouldn't have strayed away from your guardian if you're bad with crowds."

Kumunot ang noo ni Finn. Guardian? "Caspian...?"

Naningkit ang mata ni Wes. He pursed his lips. "Ewan. I don't know his name."

"... Si Caspian..."

"The takoyaki guy."

Finn nodded. "Si Caspian nga."

"Why do you keep on mentioning him? You like his name or something?"

Finn was slightly confused at the irritation that's buzzing from Wes. Bakit parang kasalanan niya pa na sinasagot niya ang tanong nito?

"You asked."

Wes stared at Finn blankly. Ilang sandali'y bumuntong-hininga siya at ginulo ang buhok. He glanced towards the crowd, trying to find Takoyaki guy amidst the sea of people. Why did he have to go and become Finn's errand boy? Does she like takoyaki that much?

Sumulyap siya sa dalagang nanatiling nakatitig sa kaniya. Finn looks confused, head tilting and a small pout forming in her lips. The corner of his lips slightly rose.

Cute, Wes thought, biting the urge to smile.

Behind them, Kairo was leaning on a wall, arms crossed. Kanina pa siya nandoon at nagulat na lang siya nang magpakita ang dalawa. His boredom was quickly replaced by annoyance. Sa lahat ng alley na pwedeng magtago ang dalawang 'to, bakit dito pa? Sira na tuloy araw niya. At tsaka bakit ba nandito 'tong buntot ni Marcella?

Kairo pushed himself off the wall and walked towards them. He tried to hide his presence and made sure his steps went quiet, but someone still felt him.

Natigilan siya nang biglang bumaling sa kaniya si Finn. Behind her, the lights and the people clashed, a noise that was hidden by Finn's silence. Her hair was on a twin bun again, cheeks slightly flushed from her earlier panic and lips parted when her eyes landed on Kairo.

Sandaling natahimik ang binata.

"What are you doing here?"

Kairo blinked when he heard Wes' voice. Nakataas ang kilay ng isa at may simangot sa labi.

Kairo buried his irritation and gave a playful smirk instead. "Bakit? Masama?"

"Did I ever say that? I was just asking what you're doing here."

"Eh." Nagkibit-balikat si Kairo bago naglakad papunta sa kanila ulit. "Trip ko lang."

Finn watched the two as they stared down at each other, trying to see who will break away first. Napaisip siya kung bakit sobrang titig na titig sila sa isa't isa. This looks similar to the manhwa that Renèe likes to read.