Chapter Thirty-Seven: Beast's Castle

#PahingaFinn2k21

-chapter thirty-seven-

FINN

Just my luck to have no presence at all, the portal decided to move right behind me.

And now I'm two seconds away from being squashed by a beast.

My body's not at its top condition, but at least it's not very drained anymore. Kaya nagawa kong magroll over sa gilid, barely dodging the beast's humongous claws as it destroyed the cemented floor.

There were small horns that stretched from his head, hiding behind furry ears. Mahaba ang buhok niya at nagmumukha ng mane. He was also very large, almost the same size as the portal/mirror behind him. Ang kaniyang mga mata ay kulay pula. Fangs protruded from his mouth and he looks very beastly.

Kagaya noong nabasa ko sa isang fairytale.

Though now it's a nightmare.

The beast growled, eyes flikering towards me. He raised his hand again, and I dodged my head to the side, a gasp falling out of my lips as the claws scratched beside me. Doon nakalagay ang ulo ko kanina. I would be beheaded by now.

The beast gave a guttural cry before punching his fists in the floor with insane speed. After the first four punches, I predicted the speed of his attacks. It takes a total of two seconds for him to retreat his fist and slam it again. Ginamit ko 'yon para maiwasan ang mga atake niya, saving my head from being crushed.

Nainis na ata siya dahil binawi niya ang kamao at sinamaan ako ng tingin.

The beast stopped trying to punch me, and decided to elbow me to death instead.

Ang problema lang ay expected ko na 'yon. Before it could hit, I reached out to hug the arm and flipped myself upwards, avoiding another crushing attempt.

The beast growled again, his other hand coming for me. I summoned a kunai in my right hand, watching as the palm got closer. Agad kong isinaksak ang dagger sa kamay niya at sumama nang bawiin niya ito dahil sa sakit. I jumped over his bleeding palm, running on his arm to get to his neck. The beast's hands flailed, trying to catch a little bug like me from wandering his upper body.

The advantage of being small is that I could go anywhere I'd like, while smoothly dodging any incoming blows.

Nang makarating ako sa may leeg niya ay namataan ko ang paparating na kamay sa gilid. I hurriedly jumped off him, landing on solid ground as the beast let out a pained roar after slapping his neck.

I ran away, hoping my empty presence would be helpful, but then my legs suddenly tripped against each other. Isang malakas na tunog ang namayani nang matumba ako sa sahig.

Ang malas ko.

Naramdaman ko ang paglingon ng halimaw sa banda ko. The ground seemed to shake when the beast took a step. I stayed there, letting the pain subside and reading his steps, movements, and breathing patterns.

It was pretty simple. Nang tumigil siya'y kaagad niyang itinaas ang kamao. It's not as fast as his continuous attacks earlier, so his punches this time will be slower. I counted about to five seconds before turning around.

And stabbing the beast's previous wounded palm with my kunai.

I activated one of the kunai's skills, Thorns of Daggers, and instantly the kunai impaled on the beast's palm multiplied. Isang dosenang throwdaggers ang kasalukuyang nakasaksak sa kamay niya, kaya walang nagawa ang halimaw kun'di umatras.