Chapter Ninety-Three: Rise of the Wolves

-chapter ninety-two-

FINN

I don't recall how it arrived to this.

Gavin and I were discussing Sebastian nang pinutol nila Kairo ang usapan namin. The next thing we knew, we were being surrounded. Nakasuot ng mask ang mga kaaway namin kaya hindi ko alam kung saang alyansa sila galing.

Two daggers went flying my way. I took a step back, dodging the blades just in time. One of my opponents grunted in disappointment and attacked. The earth cracked at every step he took, growing into a pillar of hard ground in front of me.

At bigla na lang itong bumagsak.

A shadow cocoon formed over my head, shielding me from the falling rocks. Isang presensiya ang naramdaman ko mula sa likod. I pulled out a kunai to deflect the incoming blade. He used it as a decoy and was aiming to punch me.

Agad akong yumuko para iwasan 'yon, pero mabilis niya akong tinuhod. A small gasp left my lips. Before he could make any other move, I quickly snaked my arms around his neck and shifted our positions. I pointed my kunai at his throat, his breathing coming out harsh.

Nawala ang epekto ng shadow cocoon kaya naramdaman ko ang pagdating ng kasama niya. His movements required a lot of noise, and his heavy breaths were determinants of his location. Dahil hawak-hawak ko pa rin ang isang lalaki, I wasn't able to effectively to block his attack. The blade made a cut on my wrist.

The pain made me wince. Inignora ko muna iyon at sinuntok sa tiyan ang lalaking hawak-hawak ko. Shadows covered my fist and it crawled over the man's body, wrapping around his lower half and making him unable to move. Umikot ako at agad na yumuko nang muling umatake ang ikalawa. He started delivering punches after punches, giving me no time to escape.

I tried to block all his attacks. Nakacross ang dalawa kong kamay at nakataas para do'n. When he took a step forward to make an uppercut, I lost the balance and couldn't summon a kunai. But then I felt something slither down my arm, wrapping around my fingers and biting at the skin.

Suddenly, I was holding a silver dagger in my hand.

My opponent's eyes glanced down. It was surprising. Kilala ako bilang nag-iisang player na gumagamit ng throwdagger. The kunai was my signature. So to notice a silver dagger in my hand is new.

Pero hindi na niya kailangan malaman iyon.

A flash of movement happened and I was already in front of him. Nakatutok ang hawak-hawak kong kutsilyo sa may mukha niya, hovering over the skin.

Nanlaki ang mata niya at agad siyang umatras. Binawi ko ang dagger at sinipa siya. He fell. His right hand quickly summoned a dagger pero inunahan ko siya. I kicked his hand away. His free hand took hold of my ankle and dragged me down, kaya agad kong inikot ang dagger na hawak, punching his face with the dagger's hilt. Walang malay siyang bumagsak sa lupa.

I inhaled deeply, looking around the place. When we were suddenly ambushed, nagkalayo-layo kaming tatlo. Hindi na namin napansin kung saan pumunta ang isa't isa dahil goal ng kalaban namin na madistract kami. And maybe, it's to keep us away from each other.

Nilapitan ko ang nakahandusay na player. I need to know who they are and who they're working for. Aside from the individuals I treat as friends, I am loyal to no alliance in this game.

Anyone can suddenly turn their back on me.

I brought my hand closer to the black mask, only to retract it right away. Kumunot ang noo ko sa nangyari. There was a shock of electricity when my hand came in contact with the mask. Na parang hindi ako nito pinahihintulutang humawak.