Chapter Sixty-Six: A Den of Fire

-chapter sixty-six-

FINN

I'm not wearing or holding anything heavy, but the weight of my emotions are too much to bear.

But I can't show it to others, in fear that a slight reaction could entice a weakness. A point they might continuously poke.

So I kept a blank face, letting none of my emotions out.

They can say anything they want. They can throw the rocks at me and call me any names.

It doesn't matter.

I know the truth.

I did none of their claims and accusations. I am innocent to the crimes they've painted.

So why must I act guilty or ashamed? Wala naman akong ginawang masama. Naniniwala din akong mabubunyag ang katotohanan sa huli.

So with my head held high, I walked inside the arena, mind set on completing the challenge and heart heavy with the recent situations. I promised people that whatever happens I will walk forward, to the way that I have always known. I promised them that I will do everything in my best to protect their loved ones.

For I have failed on them. It's a way of redemption.

"You look calm." a cheery June commented, standing next to me. "But I know you're seething with rage."

Kung si Wes mindreader, emotion-reader ba siya?

"Ini-imagine mo na ba kung paano mo babalikan ang pagbibintang nila sa'yo? An innocent girl being sentenced to death with lies. How sad~"

Get back at them? For saying careless things and statements without evidences?

If I was someone who couldn't control my own emotions, I would have. But I have been subjected to different types of pain that I know how to act in these situations.

And I have promised myself. Whatever happens, I will not lose my morals.

"Unnecessary."

Tila natigilan siya sa sagot ko. Kasi kahit na hindi ko pipilitin na hatakin ang mga tao sa tabi ko, hindi ko rin hahayaan ang sariling sipa-sipain lang ng mga taong walang-alam.

I have a tongue so I would use it to form verbal words. I have the ability to speak so I would use it to defend myself... since I don't really have anyone to depend on.

"Nagiging madaldal ka na. I think it's a sign on how you'll change for the worse."

I mentally sighed. Ang tigas talaga ng ulo ni June kahit kailan. Kahit siguro ipukpok ko sa kaniya na hindi ako galit, sasabihin niya pa ring sa sobrang galit ko, bubuhayin ko na ang impyerno. It feels like talking to a wall, with no hopes of having a proper conversation.

Kaya iniwan ko si June doon at sumunod kay Marcella na pumagitna ng arena. The dungeon was gigantic, having a circular shape with iron bars arching to form a roof - preventing the dragon from escaping but giving it enough sunlight. Para itong isang coliseum, ngunit mas triple lang ang laki. The bleachers, old and rusty, are located in the upper part, just above the dungeon's gate. Pumapalibot ito sa buong coliseum.