Chapter Seventy-Five: A Pair of Outcasts

Warning: Homophobic slurs.

-chapter seventy-five-

FINN

"It's a snake."

I stared at the hissing creature in my arms and nodded. Wala ngang pagdududa na isa itong ahas.

"A snake." Maki repeated for about the fiftieth time that day.

Hinarap ko siya at pinakita ang ahas. Kanina pa ako napapagod sa pag-uulit niya sa sinasabi ko.

"Want it?"

Agad naman siyang gumawa ng distansiya sa aming dalawa at namuo ang disgusto sa kaniyang mukha. "Eww, no! That is super gross, girl."

Tanong ka kasi ng tanong.

I sighed, watching as the snake slithered down to my hands. The head nuzzled my palm before small fangs bit into the skin, making me flinch a bit. Ang naghihisterikal na Maki ay mas lalong nagpanic, to the point of almost fainting.

"This is still so weird." reklamo niya. "What kind of a benefit is that? Okay na 'yong blade eh, was there a need for it to be a snake?!"

While Maki is the OA kind, naiintindihan ko naman ang pinanggagalingan niya. The benefit this time was really strange.

The egg earlier produced a silver dagger. The blade design was simple, but the hilt was intricately designed - two twin snakes that met at the top. It was longer than the ordinary dagger but shorter than a sword. Ang pinakaimportanteng factor ay ang talim na mayroon ito. It can cut through skin like it was paper.

That much was alright, even though it was already the most unique out of the benefits. Lagi kasi itong conditions or it affects a player's ability and power, it was never a physical item. Especially that it gives a player an advantage to use two different weapons.

Okay lang ang presensiya ng blade. It made Maki gasp in amazement but it wasn't enough to put him into hysterics. No, it wasn't that.

It was the fact that the blade can transform into a snake. And vice versa.

Itinago ko ang kasalukuyang dagger sa waist belt, sa may bandang likod upang matago siya ng coat na suot-suot ko. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa kamay, kung saan may isang cut at dalawang maliit na bilog, gawa ng ahas.

"It changes when it has your blood, huh." komento ni Maki. "This is really surprising. There are benefits like that?"

"Mn."

The snake must be some form of a cover-up dahil baka hindi pwede sa game na 'to na gumamit ng dalawang weapons. Kagaya noong nasa Armory kami, the second city, we were only instructed to find our main weapon. Nobody ever assumed there will be spare ones.

"You need to be careful, then. Hindi na maganda ang perception sa'yo ng mga tao sa labas, so if they ever find out that you have two weapons, the result won't be good."

Tumango ako sa paalala ni Maki. Tama naman siya. June and Marcella would react violently once they find out. Iisipin rin nilang napaka-unfair na nito at mas lalo nila akong pupuntiryahin.