Chapter One-Hundred: A Dangerous Offer

-chapter one-hundred-

FINN

There are about seven players in that table, all of them holding their lives on the line.

"This is their third round." Marcella stood next to me, watching the players tremble in their seats. "From betting 10 coins, they raised it to 50. Ngunit nagsuggest si Billie, my member, na itaas na sa one thousand. She didn't know the consequences and agreed even when the dealer confirmed it thrice. Now, everyone at that table is betting their lives."

"Will they..." sumama ang timpla ng mukha ni Louise. "Iisa lang ang mananalo 'di ba? Will the rest..."

Hindi niya matapos-tapos ang sasabihin.

"They will die." Kairo supplied, the word in leaving his tongue ruthlessly. "Damned fools, they are."

"Pero paano kaya mangyayari 'yon? May mahuhulog ba na asteroid sa kanila o bigla silang sasabog sa isang malaking apoy? O parang may papasok sa mind nila and they will be controlled to kill themselves? O mawawala lang sila?"

No one could answer Eura's question. Hindi ko alam kung nakikinig man sila at naguluhan sa mga tanong niya. But I'm sure that neither of us has the tiniest idea about what will happen.

"Well, that would sure be another hellish pain." Dierran cracked his neck with a grin. "Amnesia's death was already too much, and now we'll lose Marcella's right-hand."

Gulat kaming napatingin kay Marcella at sa kaniya nang marinig 'yon. There was the question in our eyes, but no one from the Reaper's Oath dared to ask the question. Wala din namang interes si Maki na sumali pa sa alliance drama nila, kaya tumahimik din kaming Lone Wolves. We have already ruined the reputation of Blood Vanguard back at the Territory Wars.

Wes stepped beside me, taking almost everyone's attention. "She leads the alliance when Marcella is absent. Kagaya ng ginawa ni Sapphire nang hindi makalaban si Theodore. In a normal guild, they are the vice-leader."

Kairo hummed, eyes fixed at the lady. "Hm. I've never seen her before though. I thought she's one of the nameless members in Marci's guild."

"I kept her away from you because of your habit to torture my members."

I briefly remembered a conversation with Kairo about that. I think we were talking about benefits with Oliver when he mentioned playing with Marcella through the player he captured.

Kairo chuckled. "So you did feel the pain?"

"If it's from the lower-ranked members, it's more of a throbbing pain." paliwanag ni Dierran. "Kapag mas aktibo sila sa alyansa, mas sumasakit. Amnesia felt like a stab on our bodies, while Marcella, when fighting with Finn, makes us shiver because of the shadows. It's more haunting than wounding. The worst is when we clash with others because the pain is doubled, but we have learned to mute it. Unless it's from the officers in our alliance, like Marcella, Billie and Wes."

"I've always thought you were the right-hand. Parang ikaw ang spokesperson minsan." komento ni Oliver.

I observed him. After knowing about the true nature of Caspian's death, he was awkward around Marcella. He always makes sure to stay away from her, dismissing her presence most of the time. There was rage the first time, but the longing and desire to move on made him accept things. Nandoon pa rin ang galit pero kaya niyang makipag-usap ng maayos.