Chapter Sixty: Shattered Mirrors

-chapter sixty-

FINN

Dumilim ang buong paligid, the black smoke covering the mirrors.

I stood up, the shadows covering and supporting my wounded leg. Dahil sa mga sariling anino ko naman ang nakapalibot sa'min, I can still see the clown. Its' large built and bloated stomach. Its' red eyes and wide smile. Even the mallet it's holding. Nakikita ko lahat dahil iisa lang ako at ang mahika ko.

Mataas akong tumalon at malakas na sinipa ang itsura nito. The clown gave a high, surprised cry before its head smashed on the mirrors breaking them again. Then, I appeared behind it, holding both its neck and raising my knee - breaking the neck while kneeing.

Ngunit siguro ngang flexible ang clown na 'to dahil mabilis na bumalik sa ayos ang ulo niya. However, his stable head was shifting a little.

"You've angered me, little child!"

The clown's smile turned into a frown. Mas lalong umapoy sa galit ang mata nito, at dala-dala ang mallet ay bigla na lang itong umatake sa kung saan-saan. I made a couple steps back, so I could escape its wrath.

The mirrors in both sides were crushed by the mallet - the fragments flying over the hallway, every piece holding a reflection of me under the shadows. It rained between us like a collection of all our parts that held a story.

Or was the mirror a reflection of a heart that is slowly being ripped apart?

When the dark smoke ran out, the clown could see me clearly. Nasa akin na nakapokus ang atake niya. I made myself busy with dodging all its attacks and sneers, occasionally throwing my own dagger that only seems to rip a small part of its red and yellow cloth.

The clown loudly giggled as it brought the mallet down, making me step back. Tumalon ako sa taas ng mallet niya, ang parte na walang masyadong spikes, at itinapon ang dalawang exploding kunai sa kaniyang kamay.

The sounds of explosions made nothing to quiet my grieving heart. All I could hear was a giggling laugh alongside it.

The clown loudly growled his surprised fury, stepping away and dropping his mallet. I looked at the handle that fell just beside my feet and at the clown in front of me.

Wala naman sigurong mangyayaring masama kung kukunin ko 'to.

"You naught child! I'll make sure your Daddy and Mommy won't see you anymore!"

I'm so glad I don't have any fear of clowns. Ang makita itong tumatakbo papunta sa'kin with a creepy smile and face ay posibleng nakakakaba para sa iba, pero inihanda ko lamang ang sarili sa atake niya.

The mallet was huge. It was almost the same height as me, with a considerably larger weight. Normally, I wouldn't be able to hold this, pero dahil isa itong game at mataas ang attributes namin, the mallet was difficult to hold but it wasn't impossible.

Napakagat ako ng labi nang muli itong mahulog nang subukan kong itaas. Mahigpit ko itong hinawakan at inilagay sa braso ang lahat ng pwersa, then when the clown was almost at my attack zone, I pulled the mallet up, spinning around and swinging it to the monster's face.

The force and strength was enough to make its face snap to the other direction - cheeks squishing under the force and eyes bugging out. Tumama ang clown sa katabing salamin, breaking it and then flying further away.

A huge hole formed in the broken mirror, showing different hallways at the other side. Nanlaki ang mata ko nang makita iyon. This city really is like a maze, kung saan ang mga salamin ang nagsisilbing walls at kailangan mong... mahanap rin ang exit.