Chapter Eighty-Six: A Twenty-Four Hour Twist

-chapter eighty-six-

THIRD PERSON

Rogue Wars Online may appear as a fair game with equal odds, but it does have its hierarchy. The game is nothing but another food chain, with the strong alliances at the top and less known at the bottom. There's the Blood Vanguard and Reaper's Oath at the top, Lone Wolves and Immortal Silk at the middle, and Rogues of Revenge and Guilty Raid at the lowest rank. Then, there's the Death Crows that attaches themselves to the top part.

Right now, these alliances have started to rebel against the pyramid.

At ang unang magiging biktima ay ang nakikisabit lang sa taas.

"What the fuck. What the fuck." paulit-ulit na sambit ni June nang makitang nawala ang isa sa mga territory niya. "Sino ba ang nagbabantay doon kanina?!"

"Sina Frances ang nandoon kanina, June. Some of BV members were also around kaya nagulat kami nang biglang makapasok sina Glory." sagot ng isa sa mga miyembro niya. "I know Glory is kind of strong, but her members aren't that good to fight against the BV!"

"If they weren't capable then how were they able to steal our territory, huh?" June asked, irritated.

Hindi nakasagot ang mga ka-alyansa niya. June was already fuming with rage, kaya natatakot na rin ang mga ito na baka may masabi pa silang mali. They're apprehensive of the consequences that would follow if they try to run their mouth. They were the closest witnesses to how notorious June can be, and they also know her standing in the society. Hindi sila pwedeng umayaw lang agad-agad. They're afraid to lose their lives and the possible opportunity to make connections with June's family.

June offered them a glare. "Wala ba talaga kayong masasagot?"

"Well, baka may tumulong sa kanila? Para magawa nila ang gano'n?" suhestiyon ng isa.

Hindi nagbigay ng kung ano mang reaksiyon si June. Nagwalk-out siya sa kwarto na matindi ang iniisip. Her members, however, were shaking their heads. For a beautiful and regal-looking girl, hindi talaga nila maisip na gano'n kasama ang ugali niya. But then the Madame Velasquez wasn't a saint as well, she was even worse than a demon. Kaya hindi na rin masyadong nakakapagtaka na gano'n ang anak niya.

June walked outside of their base, arms crossed and face set in a frown. Napakarami na nga niyang problema, dumagdag pa ito. This was supposed to be an easy city, dahil marami siyang koneksiyon at wala namang tanga ang lalaban sa kanila ni Marcella. It would be suicide if they did. And the only one who have the courage to step up would be-

Nanlaki ang mata niya. Someone strong enough to help those weaker alliances take over their territory, huh? At isang tao na walang takot sa kanilang dalawa? There was only one name that entered her mind. A lone girl who is spoiled with the carefree life that she have.

Finley Lilliane. The girl she both hates and...

Well, the rest of the sentence doesn't matter. June has long detached herself from vulnerable emotions and buried herself with anger. There was no better way to protect oneself than creating a wall that would kill someone from destroying it. People aren't to be trusted and they bring nothing but harm. What better to take revenge than execute the same pain to people who haven't felt it?

Finley was a quiet orphan. Iyon ang unang nalaman ni June tungkol sa kaniya. Then as the days passed by, she could understand what was so likable about Finn – she was kind, fearless, sweet, and selfless. She thinks about other people first before acting. She always wants to do her best to help others. Her words were quiet, but her actions were loud. They were the reasons why June stayed. At first, she thought she could finally have some fun with others, but then she found comfort.