Chapter Forty-Six: The Tenth City

-chapter forty-six-

FINN

The gate to the next city was in a form of a mirror.

It was a large and round mirror, with gold indents at the side. Its glass looked like rippled waters - the reflection distored because of the swirling waves. It was the only furniture in the abandoned room, found in the farthest wing of the castle. Cobwebs decorated the ceilings and dust was largely present in the floor. This room was never taken care of, maybe due to the transformation of servants.

Blanko akong nakatayo sa harapan nito. I have always worked alone. Hindi na ako bago sa paglalakbay ng mag-isa dahil sanay na ako dito. Sa labas ng mga laro ko ay kasama ko sa daan ang tatlong pinakamalapit kong kaibigan, but when the day ends and I find myself in my room, I'm accustomed to being alone.

I would help people and share tips, but I never did wait for them to walk with me.

Kaya naman hindi ko alam kung bakit ang laki ng hesitasyon ko ngayon. Maybe it's because I have never wandered alone in the past cities. May mga tao lagi akong nakakasabay o nakakasama. However, contrary to my first experience with players, this one did not end up as a bad memory.

Instead, na-enjoy ko ang bawat oras na kasama ko sila.

I enjoyed listening to their pointless conversations, weird behaviors, and strange remarks. It feels new but it wasn't bad. It was heartwarming and calming.

Their presence is... comforting.

"Anong tinatayo mo diyan?"

Lumingon ako nang marinig ang boses ni Marcella. She was leaning on the doorway, arms crossed. Mukhang mag-isa lang siya. Maybe she was also looking for the passageway, or she must be planning to enter the tenth city first.

"Are you waiting for your friends to come here?"

I only stared at Marcella. Hindi ko din alam ang sagot diyan. I don't know if my hesitation was because I felt closer to them these past few days.

"You're only wasting your time."

Kumunot ang noo ko do'n. Anong ibig niyang sabihin?

"Wes and Sebastian cannot go with you, for they are linked with me. Hinihintay namin ang mga kasama na matapos ang kanilang quest." tugon niya. "Your friend Gavin and Renée has to follow their alliance' orders too. Oliver must be waiting for his cousin to heal. And would you really wish for Theodore to continue staying when you're the reason why he's injured?"

"Anong kailangan mo?" malamig kong tanong.

Marcella tilted her head, as if she didn't understand what I said. "I was wondering why a lone wolf would be hesitating in front of the single-log bridge."

"Marcella." seryosong tawag ko sa pangalan niya. "Shouldn't care."

Ang alam ko ay nagagalit siya o naiinis sa'kin. Whenever I feel such negative emotions, I usually just stay away from the source. Pero si Marcella ay laging lumalapit sa'kin at pinapagalit pa lalo ang kaniyang sarili. She also meddles in other business like it was her own.

Nakakainis.

A smirk appeared in her face. "Is this the adorable and kind Finn everyone's falling in love with? Hindi ko maisip na kaya niyang sabihin iyon."