1

sometimes letting go of some people is hard but it's as necessary as cutting off a limb of cancer

sometimes letting go of some people is hard but it's as necessary as cutting off a limb of cancer. you have to do it to stop it from spreading and before it consumes your entire body.

I had to let go of not 1 or 2 people but my entire family 3 months ago, it's been a bit hard because they're my family but I'm finally happy and free. I'm finally doing what I love even if it's as simple as being a personal assistant.

I'm Nessa Richard also called es by my close friends. don't question it, I know it's weird but it is what it is.

Anyway, I moved to nyc with my best friend a couple of months ago after getting my business degree, and her her medical degree.

She's 2 years older than me so it makes sense why we both graduated at the same time.

She is a nurse soon to be a doctor, and a stripper..... A lot of people and by a lot I mean a lot don't respect her for that and judge her.

the good thing is it's not their life nor their business for her to consider their opinion.

I support her to the fullest because only we know how much we've been through to get to where we are right now. I love showing her how much I support her that's why I sometimes go to the club she works at to cheer for her.

Speaking of which, I'm going to watch her show tonight which means I have to finish whatever work Mr.Black Aka my boss has for me today earlier than usual.

Im waiting for him to arrive so I can tell him what he has to do today and ask if I have to plan anything soon.

I've been working here for almost 3 months now, thank god Mr. Black didn't pull the " let's spend a night" shit that men usually pull.

I went to 5 different interviews and 4 of them offered something sexual in return of giving me the job.

Yes I needed the job but it's not like they didn't need an assistant or couldn't get a woman.

I can never understand men which is why I keep my distant.

Mr. Black was the only one among the 5 who spoke professionally and with respect.

The reason I chose to work here.

He is respectful and nice but trust me, you don't want to get on his bad side.

I never did and I plan on keeping it that way.

The dongs of the elevator echoed through the grand hallway screaming "he's here".

He has his private elevator that has a different dong, it's annoying sometimes because it's really loud but I've managed.

Standing up with a sigh I walk out of my office and to the hallways to greet him.

" good morning Mr. Black, how are you today?"

Both professionalism and politeness leaking from my sentence is how I've always talked to him.