32

It's been 4 days since the wedding, I told Lexi I was tired which was partly true because I was

Ace got me the chocolate milkshake that I wanted and spent the rest of the night apologizing .

We went to my 7th week appointment the next day, apart from ace's eyes being glued to the screen nothing different happened. the doctor checked my uterus and said that everything is fine.

ace didn't say anything about me not being okay meaning the results of my blood tests are either the same as they used to be or better, I didn't bother to ask because all I care about is my baby being okay.

I slept these days away as Sophie went on a vocation with Mr. black and ace has been busy, I only see him when it's time for me to eat or take my vitamins.

To be honest I've got used to him being around and it feels weird not having him around.

The door opening pulls me off of my trance, I look up expecting ace and it is him.

He has a tray of food with him and a smile on his face like usual.

"any cravings?" He asks sitting next to me, I shake my head as a no and start eating because I'm starving.

I haven't had any cravings apart from the salad and chocolate milkshake that night.

"I want to talk to you about something." He says when I swallow my last bite.

I nod for him to talk.

"I have something to take care of tonight, I won't be here this evening so eat well and take care of yourself and our baby. If you need anything tell the guards or Erika.".

"What things?" I ask before I could stop myself.

"I am not sure you want to know ." He sighs rubbing his eyes.

Oh..it's something about the mafia then.

Out of all the questions I could ask my dumb brain decides to ask "are you going to kill anyone?".

"it depends.".

of course he will it's what he does.

I nod not knowing what to say because the man, the father of my child just said he might kill people. It's not like I didn't know but it's just...too much to accept.

I stand up to go to the bathroom, I need to wash my hands and end this conversation because I don't want to know more.

The less I know the better.

The more I know the harder it will be for me to accept him, I can't not accept him because I'm doing it for my baby.

" are you upset?" He asks following me.

I am but it won't change anything, so I shake my head and say "It's what you do and it's none of my business.".

I dry my hands with some tissue and leave the bathroom with him still following me.