24

I snuggle  closer to the pillow I'm hugging giving myself time to fully wake up

"Words cannot describe how sorry I am for what I've done to your m-" I hear ace saying but he stops when I open my eyes.

There are so many wrong things going on.

One he's holding me close and smiling, two I'm hugging his arm.

I quickly let go and sit up wanting to be as distant from him as possible.

A part of me thinks of his apology...the same part that thinks of the possibility of him wanting the baby.

I look at the clock like every other time, it's 6:45 pm.

My eyes dart to the balcony and I remember sleeping there.

" I brought you here, it was a little cold there.". He answers probably sensing  my confusion.

I nod and walk to the bathroom to freshen up.

I look at myself in the mirror, my face is glowing but it's still pale.

My neck doesn't have any mark anymore, At least I have that.

I can't help but think about his apology.

It's like my fear of his reaction towards my pregnancy is making me acknowledge the goods in him which are not that much considering he could be killing people everyday.

I shake my head and toss the thoughts to the back of my head then wash my face.

I dry myself and go back to his room, he's still sitting on the bed but is typing something in his phone.

I sit down on the far end of it and check my phone as well.

I find some extra texts from sofie but I don't get to open them because a knock on the door steals my attention.

Erika walks in with 3 grocery bags after ace told her to come in.

She puts the bags on the coffee table then asks "anything else sir?".

Ace answers with a rude no and she walks to the door.

"Thank you" I say feeling obliged to say so because I just have to.

"Thank you" he repeats after me while looking at me.

Erika smiles and leaves the room closing the door after her.

He stands up and unpacks the bags, there are bags of chips, candies, sweets, drinks, and a lot of pickles...a lot.

My mouth waters at the sight of the pickles, my brain imagines the salty taste in my mouth making me want to cry because I really want to eat some.