41

Luca Diaz, a cousin I rarely saw

We never met as adults or as teenagers, only as kids at my nonna's place.

He too loved her like I did and he too had gone through some fucked up shit.

The last time we met was when I was 8, also at my nonna's house.

I know some news about him, news that everyone else know.

His father got murdered last year and he had to take over him. He doesn't have any siblings- most of us don't- so it All fell on him.

That's the last I heard about him, which is why I don't trust him.

He's my cousin yes, apparently her close friend but that doesn't mean I can trust him with her.

I will have to talk to him and bring him here with my own terms and conditions.

If he easily left her before, I find it hard to believe he can't hurt her to get to me for whatever reason if he wants to.

Im finding this annoying, I hate that she's this attached fo another man, that a man has this affect on her. No one should, be it a man or a woman.

But I don't ever want to see her like today, I'd rather boil in my jealousy than see her cry like that again.

"Hello." He finally picks up the phone.

"Hello Luca." I say leaning back on my chair.

"Who's this?" He asks, he doesn't know my voice or my number.

"Im ace, your cousin. I will cut to the chase, I want to talk to you about a woman.".

"A woman?".

I flip a file and say " yes, Nessa Richard.".

There is a pause on the other line, "how do you know about es?".

He calls her es, and just like that my jealousy rises but I stay calm. They were close but not together. There is no need to be jealous but the anger and protectiveness that laced his tone is triggering mine.

She's mine to be protective over, only I get to feel possessive over her because she's mine.

Taking a deep breath I say " she's my girlfriend.".

"She's in New York?"

"Yes she came 8 months ago."

"How is she?".

That too sets me on fire.

"She's good, now to the reason why I called. I heard about you from her before but only knew it's you today and she asked if she could see you.".

"She said she wanted to see me?"

"Yes".

"Come to Spain, I'll arrange everything.".