23

it's been 4 hours since I got the email

4 painfully slow hours of me thinking and doubting things.

I couldn't get anything done but I had to sit here and will have to keep my mouth shut until she's ready to tell me.

what if she takes so much time and I miss so much of her pregnancy?

I want to be able to go with her to the hospital, I want to be able to put my hand on her stomach, tell her how much I'm happy to be a father and go through the scans with her.

The only thing I can do is make things easier for her.

maybe she will think about it more when she's relaxed.

but how?

I know nothing about pregnancies.

I can call austin but I don't want to risk her knowing I know.

deciding to go meet her doctor, I pack my stuff and leave.

it's a good opportunity for me to see the ultrasounds, Im sure she has a copy in the system.

ꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬꙬ

it didn't take me a long time to get the name of the doctor, she didnt change sofie's appointment the first time.

I wanted to be there with her for it.

"you should knoc-Mr. knight?" she starts but her face goes pale the moment she sees me.

I sit on one the chairs and say " I want to see Nessa richard's ultrasound".

she doesn't argue or talk about privacy, she does what I asked her silently because she's one of the people who know what happens when I'm after them.

I hear the printer printing something making my eyes dart to it.

I feel like a child waiting for candy, knowing that I'm going to be a father and I'm about to see our baby for the first time excites me.

I take the photos from her hands eagerly and look at them.

it's so small and tiny.

my chest heaves with this raw emotion i'm unfamiliar with.

my heart sinks as regret washes over me.

I can't be fully happy until I know she wants this.

"tell her I came here or I asked for these" I hold the photos up for her to see "and I will make sure your medical license get taken away and will make your life a living hell, understand?".

she nods almost instantly with wide eyes.

"now tell me about the pregnancy and what can I do." I ask trying so hard to hide my eagerness.

"  I gave her some pregnancy vitamins because her anemia might affect the fetus but it's nothing serious, she needs to rest and take them  everyday. she might have nausea which is normal at the first trimester, lemon with water or pregnancy sour popsicles can help. some women get weird cravings so don't stop her if you see her eating cheese with apple, or tuna with ice cream ect...that's normal just make sure she doesn't eat pineapple, mango, high mercury fish, any raw meat/fish, and caffeine."