48

Reality slowly sinks in as my breathing increases, I open my eyes feeling like what I had just dreamed actually happened

I sigh deeply feeling the relief slowly run through my veins.

She's not dead.

It was a nightmare.

I look beside me expecting to see her but all I see is the empty side

My chest heaves as my mind plays dirty tricks on me by replaying the images I saw in the nightmare.

I get out of the bed as fast as I can, I walk to the bathroom feeling heavier with each step.

I let out a deep breath when I see her leaning on the sink.

She's here, She's fine and she's alive.

I rush to her wanting her in my arms, I want the heat of her body to remove the feeling of her cold bloody one from my memory.

I want the feeling of her beating heart against mine to replace the one where she laid lifeless between my arms.

I want her to answer me when I talk rather than not.

And I want her to smile and rub her belly like usual instead of not.

I wrap my arms around her tightly letting it all settle on again. She's alive. She's not dead.

"OH MY GOD YOU SCARED ME" she screams jumping in my arms.

"You could've at least made a sound or something. My soul left my body.".

I hug her tighter "I'm sorry".

"What's wrong? You look pale.".

I bury my head in her hair feeling and knowing I'm the luckiest man alive to have her.

"I love you.".

She wraps her arms around me and answers "I love you way more.".

We don't say a thing for the next 5 minutes, she simply lets me hold her and I do.

I sigh again "why are you awake?".

She rubs her chest "I have a heartburn.".

The doctor told me about this a couple of weeks ago, she should eat something cold like ice cream.

"why are you awake?" She asks as we walk out of the bathroom.

"it's nothing don't worry about it.".