14

"what's that on your neck?" Sofie asks

damn it!

I don't know if I will be able to hold my tears back.

"I promise to tell you everything tomorrow, I want to sleep now.".

she eyes my neck for a bit then nods slightly, I take the chance to quickly leave to my room.

The moment I take a step in my room tears fall freely down my cheeks, I lock the door to make sure she doesn't walk in on me crying.

I cover my mouth with my hands to prevent my cries from being loud.

I've never cried with a pain this bad before, I feel useless.

it hurts to even think of leaving but I know  I won't be happy, I have to do this for myself.

Sicily was always a part of my plans, but New York was my main plan.

I was supposed to stay here, live my life to the fullest, and then go to Sicily.

I feel like I am cursed, I feel like everything is against me.

Everything fell apart from the day I met him. But I can't allow him to affect me more than this.

I wipe my tears and close my eyes for a minute trying to collect my thoughts.

I have to find any apartment there and a ticket.

as tired as I am I should take a shower and do my research.

I am glad sofie ignored my wet hair.

she didn't notice my wet clothes because of the jerk's suit jacket on me, but it doesn't matter I will tell her tomorrow because I promised.

I get in the shower and wash my body first then my hair.

it's funny how I came here thinking I would stay for at least 2 years but here I am about to leave after less than 5 months.

Wait...

The bodyguards!

How will I leave when they're next to the apartment's door all the time?

I have to think.

my only option is let sofie take my suitcase to the airport and I get out from the window then take a cab to the airport.

It's Risky but it's something.

I  need money.

thankfully I saved a couple of grands and I get my paycheck tomorrow.

Maybe this is for the better, maybe I will find peace there....

gosh who am I fooling, this is where I want to be, New York!

tears mix with water and fall to the shower floor undetected.

I feel like screaming on top of my lungs.