TICK... TOCK...

Cecilia

I sat there trembling in fear, I mean how did he know my name? Furthermore, how did he even know about Freya? When I look back at our conversation, he was looking at me like I am his prey that he was adamant about pursuing. While he was talking, it petrified me. When he smirked it was as sinful as the demon himself.

Now that I think about it, I don't know anything about him. Why did I have to aggravate him? I would have been better off if I had just walked away that day. God! what have I got myself into? As I was thinking Carol came to me with two wraps which I think are grilled sandwiches, her all-time favorite.

"Cecy I saw u talking to a man just now, who was he?" she inquired. " Oh, no... nothing..no one" I shooed it and internally thinking her to leave it be.

"It didn't look like nothing Cecy, I think you are hiding something from me, tell me what is it?" she is my only friend and I can't lie to her so I explained everything to her. How I met him and How he was so determined to get me to sleep with him.

"Goodness! Who is this guy Cecy? he seems dangerous. Are you sure you don't know the guy?" Her eyes came out of her sockets while I shook my head in no.

"Tell me you are not considering it, Are you? " she is worried.

"No way Carol what do u think of me I can't do that, I am not some prostitute who sleeps with anyone for money," I said annoyed as to how can she think that I will actually go through with it.

"Thank Heavens I have some good news by the way. I have this uncle working in a bank, he assured me that he will help us." my eyes lit up and I smiled which seemed like I did after so long.

"Are you serious carol?" I couldn't believe it.

"Aha..positive" I hugged her squeezing her in a tight embrace.

"Cecy can't breathe" I giggled "I don't even know how to thank you enough" I teared up.

"Well for starters you can thank me by finishing this." She said giving a sandwich to me, we ate heart fully. I don't even know when was the last time I ate like this. Then we went to Carol's uncle and he said my house will get 5 million easily, he also told me that I can get the money by tomorrow. I thanked him genuinely.

I was going to the hospital to share the good news with James. He and I had become friends in these few days. He was always very kind and displays a megawatt smile whenever we talk. He is also very funny, always makes me smile, and also assures me that nothing will happen to my sister. I saw him coming from my sister's room when I yelled "Dr. James" gaining an audience nonetheless I just went straight to him, the smile never leaving my face.

"Wow! Cecilia, you are happy, what happened?" He smiled looking at me.

"Guess what James, you can start the surgery tomorrow, I finally found a source to sell my house" I lunged at him and hugged him, he wrapped his hands around me returning my gesture.

"That's definitely wonderful news, Well I have one too," he said pulling away. I looked at him quizzically.

"Freya is out from the coma, which is a good sign really and she seems rather fine to me."

"Thank goodness can I talk to her?" I asked as tears were ready to spill which he noticed it "No this is a happy moment don't be sad, you should give her strength during all this. She was pretty shaken up when I told her what happened to her and yes you can talk to her" I smiled and as I was going to Freya he held my wrist and said "I promise you she would be running after this surgery than after maybe we can talk about uu..uu..s.ss" he stuttered the last part. I know what he wants to talk about and maybe I will even consider it.