HOODWINK

Cecilia

"Cecilia is living with a man?" I and luna both were shocked looking at Emma.

"Umm...Emma that is" Luna tried saying and I am way too startled to even say a word.

"Cecilia I thought I am your friend but you didn't think it is important to tell me such a big news in your life," Emma asked quite disappointed in me.

"I I am..." I stuttered badly.

"Yes, she only told me now. She and Her boyfriend...James, they are living together now." Luna said to curious Emma and my eyes enlarged at the mention of James. She just randomly told someone's name. That someone happened to be James... Our last encounter flashed in front of me instantly breaking me into tears.

~~~~~~§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§~~~~~~

Flashback right after James left for canada

I cleaned up my face and was about to leave when someone approached me.

"Excuse me, Miss. Can I have a minute?" He said.

"Do I know you?"

"No you don't but I do," he said eyeing me from top to bottom.

"Pardon?"

"My name is Mathew Stokes and I am a reporter working at DBC News, sorry I was."

"What that has to do with me?" He is seriously giving me creeps.

"It has everything to do with you. Wait let me just.." he said while rummaging through his bag looking for something.

"Have a look at this." He showed a video after connecting his pen drive to the laptop. That was me when I slapped Theo at the hospital.

"I don't understand" I feigned ignorance as I am not visible in the video.

"I know it was you. I was the one that took the video because of which I had been thrown out from my channel ruthlessly and until now I couldn't get a job anywhere else. This all happened because of Theodore Hudson."

"I lost all my hopes and was about to leave this city for good until I saw you in the airport like a ray of hope." He said happiness dripping on his face.

"I should go." I don't like where this is going.

"You can run but just keep in mind that by protecting him you are destroying an honest person's life and his career." That would be the last thing I will do. I am just protecting myself and Freya.

"What do you want from me? You have the video then why.." He cut me off

"I don't know the reason for it and nobody believes me as I am alleging the Newyork's finest Businessman, now more than ever. My girlfriend left me and my family is hanging on a thin string. I have decided to stay here for one more day if you change your mind give me a call." he said scribbling his phone number.

That night Theo imposed his torture on me. He doesn't have any regret for what he did do to James. Then the reporter's words suddenly rang in my head. While Theo is tormenting me I made up my mind to do the right thing.

I called Mathew the next morning telling everything that happened that day, only that day. After releasing the video he flee from the city which is actually smart. I don't know where he went but all I can say is that even planning this much Theo didn't break a sweat.

~~~~~~§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§~~~~~~

Present

Theodore