BROKEN SOULS

Author

"Frank, how is Theodore now?" Scared Carol asked Frank after he told her that he found Theodore in the cellar unconscious with lots of bruises.

"He is fine for now but the doctor told me that he found a highly sedative drug in his body that could put an elephant to sleep. It is good that I reached just in time because the dosage of the drug was too high and if I had gotten there a few minutes later he would have been dead by now. Smith, I don't know who would have done such a thing to Theodore."

"Don't worry I am on my way."

"I asked Charles to pull out the footage of the last few hours and we will know who did this to my brother. I am not gonna leave that bastard. He should count his days because I am gonna kill him."

"Umm... yeah of course... you should." Carol stuttered because she thinks this whole thing has to do something with Cecilia. She couldn't get the evil tone of Cecilia out of her head. She tried contacting her but her phone was switched off. She is scared of what Frank might do if he knows Cecilia is behind all this.

Carol reached the hospital and went straight to the room where Frank and Charles were watching the CCTV Footage.

"Oh my God!" she is shocked when she saw Cecilia ruthlessly jabbing Theodore.

"Why would princess do this? This is not right. Smith tell me this is wrong, she is not princess right?"

"I am sorry Frank. I don't know what to say."

"You don't know what to say? Why do I feel like you already know about this."

"Frank please listen to me first..."

"You do know that Theodore loved her, don't you? then why would she betray him in the worst way possible."

"Mr. Lachowski, I need to get these guys to find out who they work for?"

"Charles make sure they are dealt with." Charles nodded and went on his way angrily.

"Frank I know cecy she is not like this. I couldn't even recognize her. Yesterday at our engagement party she told me she would confess everything to Theodore and will give their life a fresh start. Now she called and told me that she got her revenge."

"I will leave this to Theodore. It is between them and as for us it is best that you stay in your house for the time being."

"What? but Frank..."

"Smith I thought that there were no secrets between us. I know that you and Cecilia were hiding something from me from the very beginning but I thought you will eventually open up to me but now my brother's life is at stake. I can't risk his life being with you." Frank yelled at top of his lungs.

"Frank please I am sorry.." carol felt her heart tearing at his words. Frank never raised his voice like this not even with other people. He is so polite and kind but now she knew Frank loves Theodore and he would do anything for him.

"I have to be with Theodore. And I hope when I will go home I won't see you there because I don't know what I will do." Carol got frightened by his darkened voice. She never saw him like this before.

Carol is now stuck between her Best friend and the love of her life. She cannot betray either of them but she already feels like she did betray Frank.

Cecilia

It has been a week since I last met Theo. I don't know if he is OK or not nor do I care. I have been tutoring kids for a month now. Freya and I sort of got distant lately. Whenever I try to start a conversation with her, she just responds with one-liners.