DEAD AND BURIED

Theodore

"Yes," Pearl said and the whole world seemed to freeze except for the both of us.

"Pearl, did you say something?"

She gasped torturing her already plump lips and looking everywhere but me.

"Ye..." Fuck and that's the moment when the ride started to move.

"Son of a..." I screamed.

"Theo.."pearl cried out and the next second she is in my lap hugging me as if her life depended on it.

"Pearl look at me. Nothing is gonna happen Trust me. I will never let anything happen to you. Did you hear me, Never?" I said making her look at me.

"Why did we meet the way we did Theo? It isn't easy, you hurt me way too much." She said with her forehead on my shoulder. I can feel the wetness on my shirt. She is crying.

"I am sorry pearl. If I could I would change everything." I said holding her waist.

"But it's done, you cannot just undo it, Theo," The ride halted, and before I could say anything she ran away.

I was searching for her like a mad man but she is nowhere to be found. Finally, I found her sitting in the car. It felt like I can breathe again.

"Pearl I was searching for you everywhere. Please don't run away like that." I said huffing but she is just staring to her front giving me no heed.

I should just face this. She can't be mine, not anymore. She has to live her life away from me. Don't worry pearl I am gonna make your wish true. I got onto the driver's seat and raced the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~£££££££~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we? This is not Grandpa's home." Pearl exclaimed noticing the unknown premises with her big doe eyes.

Cecilia

"This used to be my home." And the sudden sadness made way on his face. The house is very scary. It looks like it has been abandoned for years. In no way does it look like a home.

I didn't say anything and followed his lead. We entered the house making our way through the webs. I coughed a little cause of the dust.

"My happiness knew no bounds when I heard that I was being adopted. I was 6yrs when Hudson's adopted me. Seemingly they are married for 10yrs and were trying hard to conceive but they couldn't. So they decided to adopt me." He has my full attention now.

"At first they were amazing and they loved me like their own child until..." He sighed sadly.

"Their dream ultimately came real. They were having a baby and decided that there was no use for me. However, it hasn't even been 1yr so their appeal got rejected."

"I was just enjoying my life having a family which I craved from the day I got to know what a family means. I didn't understand what was the whole commotion about. When they stopped me from going to school, I thought mother was going to be alone and I should take care of her. I happily threw my books away. When they cut my meals to only two I felt mother has to eat for two so I heartily accepted that. As we didn't have that much money I believed whatever they were doing is for our family." His voice is stumbling while he is reminiscing everything. We made our way into a room that looked like a kitchen.

"One day I was so hungry as I didn't have my breakfast so I took a cookie, only one, and that was the first time mother hit me.  She said they were very expensive and are only for her baby, not for me. I thought am I not her son too? It remained a question until now. When Father came she complained to him and he who was already frustrated that he didn't get hired that day too and also had to feed his family which doesn't include me and thought to get rid of me ultimately." I gasped. He then took me to a room which has no sort of light. It even scared me a little if not for Theo being beside me.