WHEEL AND DEAL

Theodore

"Sorry, sir I thought you knew" the chairman of the hospital panicked.

"Well, you thought fucking wrong. I specifically told you that she should be looked after attentively. What am I paying for you then? You pathetic idiots, fuck your sorry and shove it up to your arse." I hung up.

This is so messed up. It has been a week, I thought I was punishing pearl but it was all a big fat misunderstanding. Nothing happened between pearl and that good-for-nothing asshole.

The minute I got to know about it, I am in my car on the way to Cecilia's home.

"Who is it?" A sweet little voice inquired when I ringed on the door.

"It's me," I said. She opened the door and clapped her hands "Dorey it's you", she said excitedly.

"Hey little girl, How have you been?" I asked her but my eyes were searching for someone else.

"Liya is in the shower. You can stop surveying our house. I am super duper good for your info." She said turning her back and going inside her house.

"Umm no I came here for you, I mean to see if you are ok" I followed into the small house. The house is so freaking small even my privy is much more spacious.

"Uuh uuh you don't know how to lie, do you?...well it's nice to finally have some new face to see." She said in a dull tone.

"Oh, and why is that? I thought you have so many friends." I asked curiously.

"Yes that I have but only if I get to see them for real."

"Why, aren't you going to school?"

"Because I was, wait I still am a patient in Liya's opinion and she doesn't want me to go to school yet." She said in disappointment.

"Apparently I had a concussion which was quite common you know after the surgery that I went through but Liya was afraid I would get attacked again or worse if there will be no one to look after me if I had one."

"When did this happen?" I asked in hopes that it wasn't because of me but I already have the answer for it.

"The day you visited me. I don't even remember exactly what happened, I woke up the next day hearing Liya crying her eyeballs out. When she saw me wake up, she hugged me and again cried for the whole day. I still wonder if she was crying because of me or for some other reason." The little girl said tapping on her chin thinking.

"I am sorry I couldn't be there for you." I know pearl was crying because of what I had done that night.

"Why are you sorry dorey? I am fine anyways. Nothing to worry, James was there that day, thank God he consoled Liya otherwise she wouldn't have stopped for the end of the world." She said smiling lightly. I am pissed hearing his name and she noticed my change of expression.

"There is no need to be upset Dorey, James is not the one for her. I know, probably she knows too. That day he visited the hospital to meet his friend and found me in that state. He looked after me the whole night. He is a nice doctor, a nice person in fact."

"I am sorry, I did something bad which can't be undone. I don't think she will forgive me like ever." I said in a low unhappy tone.

"Are you talking about Liya?" she asked angrily. I simply nodded bowing my head down.

"What did you do Mr. Hudson?" She let out my name angrily, the chirpy girl was gone. The one in front of me is a caring and loving girl who is worried about her sister.