I PITY YOU

Theodore

"What did you do to Princess?" Fuck!This is not what I had planned at all, not even remotely. When I was meddling with the house Cecilia so desperately was trying to sell, I know her friend Carol smith will try to help. But as predicted I am always ten steps ahead so I made sure their company's share flunked and as expected pearl couldn't get their help.

What I didn't expect was that Smith's would want to have an alliance with Lachowki's to save their drowning company and on top of that Frank likes Carol. This is the second time that I didn't foresee the consequences of my actions. Well, the first time is when I shamelessly asked pearl for a night and now I am in a helpless pit where I can't get out nor I can stay in that trench. Do I regret it? Hell no.

"When you said you took care of it, what it meant Theodore? Tell me now." Frank grumbled jerking my hand pulling me out of my reverie.

"I had a contract drawn out.." I didn't hide away from my actions before and I am not about to do that now. It might be difficult but I am sure he will understand. I sighed and am about to resume when a familiar melodious tone interrupted my speech from behind.

"Frankie I never thought you are the same Frank that my best friend is constantly talking about." The redness on the tip of her nose only implied one thing, she cried but she deftly managed to conceal it behind her feigned smile. For me, she is an open book.

"Princess, what was smith speaking about earlier? And what contract Theodore is talking about?" Frank said glaring towards me for answers.

"Contract?" Pearl gasped and looked at me in disbelief but replied "It was just an employer agreement, right?" Cecilia looked at me expecting to answer but I didn't do anything of that sort. Frank exhaled in relief not minding the tension between us.

"Screw you, Theodore. You got me tensed there." He pushed me chuckling.

"But Smith was saying Theodore was the one who attacked her." I saw a heavy sweat droplet on pearl's forehead. I seriously want to know why she is tremendously trying to convince Frank.

"Haha, that was actually funny really.." She said resulting in me frowning and Frank to look in amusement. Sensing our reactions she gulped. My pearl doesn't know how to lie, I can tell by the time lag.

"Umm..huff so I slapped him one time without any clue of who he was. As you know Theo holds grudges." She stopped to see if he is buying her story.

"Yaah tell me about it." He said playfully. She continued happily "So he bound me in a contract for 10months to work in his company and also wanted me to work in his house too. Carol thought he forced me to stay with him and wrecked his car to no restoration."

"No doubt that's my badass Smith." Frank grinned like a fool.

"Right, then as you know again this matter hurt his pride and he sent those goons."

"I know this bruised your ego Theodore but she is a girl you can't send thugs on her like that, you couldn't even have imagined what would have happened if I had arrived even a minute late. Those bastards were planning so much shit. You disappointed me, Brother." He said the last part very sadly which made pearl even sadder as she pinched her eyes close.

"Frankie take care of her. She is the best person, a very good friend, and more like a big sister to me. She was there for me when nobody else was. Just don't break her faith, that's the only thing I will ever ask of you." Why Cecilia is so emotional for merely a friend I wondered.

"Princess you have my word." Frank smiled caressing her arm to which Cecilia nodded returning the gesturing.

"Carol is outside you should probably go to her and talk it out."