DERRING - DO

Cecilia

After I got into the cab my mind roamed on what Mr.Charles told me on how I need to give a chance to Theo. But it doesn't justify his actions, how he used me. He could have asked me out on a date or something but no the first thing he asked me was to sleep with him for a night.

I wanted to clear my head before going to Freya.  I desperately need to talk to carol. I thought and was about to get my phone only to realize that I don't have it.

"Shit" I scolded myself for forgetting my phone at the farmhouse.

No, I can't go back. I am not ready to face him yet. I can go without a phone, nobody calls me anyway.

I told the driver to drop me near a payphone. I got down and phoned carol guessing she may be free now as it already has been 4 days.

It rang and after 5 sec she picked up, I said "Hey Carol" to which she literally broke my eardrums " Girl where are you? where is your phone? why are you calling from a payphone? Are you alright? Is Freya ok?" She ceased breathlessly after all the yelling.

"Well, why aren't you saying anything?"

"I am just figuring out which question to answer first," I said chuckling lightly.

" Oh Thank God your humor is tact, now I know you are okay. You don't know how worried I got when you answered the phone but didn't talk." Maybe Theo could have answered it. Fortunately, he didn't let out anything.

"Ok now calm down, I think I forgot my phone somewhere. I am good by the way and Freya is as lively as ever. The surgery is successful. She will be discharged this week. " I am so happy that my friend is back.

"Oh Thank heavens everything is alright. Can we meet? I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, sure carol can you come to The Cakes and Bakes? I am nearby."

" perfect I will meet you there in 20minutes." I went inside the bakery called The Cakes and Bakes which is a very famous and economical bakery around.

I actually dreamed of starting my own cafe shop but as of now, have less to nil confidence.

20mins later carol came rushing and hugged me. She is nearly in tears.

"Carol, what happened? You don't seem good." I asked pulling away and made her sit opposite me.

" Do you know why my parents called me so suddenly?"

"Why?"

"Because they want to have a partnership with The Lachowski Group."

"Ok what that has to do with you." I am bewildered now.

"You don't understand My father wants to form an alliance with them. That means he wants me to marry Frank Lachowski, their son." What! I assumed after all these years they longed to meet with her daughter but how wrong was I.

"Oh my God Carol, I am so sorry." I went to her side and hugged her tightly.

" That's not the worst part cecy, I slept with Frank."

"What! I mean why?" I am shocked would be an understatement.

"I didn't know it was him when I got home with all smiles only to know how my father practically sold me,  I was so hurt, even my mother had nothing to say to this. I felt so angry and helpless. I went into a pub to drown in my sorrows. Then a handsome guy came towards me, he flirted with me and seduced me. I was drunk and wanted to forget the pain so I accepted his advances and we had sex....."

" Next morning I slipped away from him. I went to my house and slept when my mom came yelling telling me to sober up, to get ready as the Lachowski's are coming. I ignored her but then my father came, you know how scared I am of him. So I dolled up."