DAMNED PAST

Cecilia

I am in one of the bedrooms Grandpa showed me. I can't stop thinking about their conversation. Is Theo really letting me go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~£££££££~~~~~~~~~~~

"You were the pillar behind me Grandy when even my so-called family abandoned me. This all happened because of you but you aren't here with me to enjoy our accomplishment." I never saw Theo being this helpless.

"It's all you, my boy. I didn't do anything at all. Whatever you achieved is solely you. Don't you dare give credit to anyone else, not even me. I know how hard you worked to be here. I wasn't there with you physically but you too know that you are my only family. It's high time you stop thinking of your nonexistent family and focus on your new one. Cecilia is a nice girl. She knows you better than me. And for me, I am relishing my remaining days completing my bucket list with your money so there is nothing for you to complain about. You have a high road in front of you and I can see you being happy with Cecilia for a long time. Your eyes couldn't hide anything from me back then and even now you're the same boy. I know you are really fond of her, So never let her go. Tell her how you feel about her"

"I am not the boy you used to know Grandy, I hurt Cecilia a lot. She is too pleasant for me and I am too dreadful for her. Even I couldn't forgive myself for the way I treated her. When we return to the city I am letting her go. I want to have a few last memorable moments with her here, where I smiled for the first time wholeheartedly with you, where I felt the genuine feeling of having a family, where I wasn't the sad kid and was truly happy, and from where I became the person I am now. There is no place better than here to spend time with her. After she goes away from me, I will be the same lonely boy I was before. My happiness will be gone forever with her. These last few days with her have been bliss for me but torment for her. I am used to being lonely my entire life but she used to be a cheerful girl before she met me but now that girl is fading away and I wouldn't forgive myself if she disappears for good." I don't know when my eyes started to tear up, I hiccup as I couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh, my poor boy, your whole life you were desperate for this kind of love but when it is in front of your eyes, you want to give it up."

"It is better that way Grandy. I am afraid you will also forsake me if you know any further. I don't want to feel like the unwanted trash I used to before I met her.
Can you stay with me for a few days while she leaves,...... please?" Being a sobbing mess I ran from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~£££££££~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is what I wanted from the very beginning to get rid of him then why does my heart pain so much. I should be happy right?" The smile can't seem to find the way and the tears won't seem to cease.

I called Freya and we talked for some time. She is so happy that I and Theo are together. I don't know how will she react when I break this news. She and Theo became pretty close, it will hurt her badly.

I cleaned my face and went to the kitchen as I am feeling thirsty from all the crying. While passing Theo's room I heard low whimpers. I thought to ignore it but I couldn't. I went in to see Theo whispering in his sleep.

"Mom I am scared please can I sleep with you?"

"Please Dad I will do all the chores from tomorrow. I will also don't go to school."

"I also won't ask to be fed and eat only when you give me something to eat. Mom, Dad please open the door. Please..." Only faint whimpers can be heard after that, seeing him like this, broke my heart. I don't know about his past much but I know it isn't good.