25. First Kiss

The thunderstorm in the mountains violently rained down, but it finally started to cease after half an hour of downpour.
Jennie felt the rain outside becoming lighter. She looked down at Lisa who was huddling in her arms, her eyes were still tightly closed, her face the colour of white, she’s  obviously frightened.

The two were poured by the rain for almost half an hour, although the picnic blanket had some degree of waterproof function, it can't be helped that their clothes were still wet. Jennie shivered, feeling the chill seeping inside her body, her lips faintly appeared purple.

"Lisa." Jennie whispered Lisa's name, her voice trembled because of the cold.

Lisa's eyelashes moved, but she still didn't open her eyes. However, Jennie felt relieved inside because Lisa reacted to her voice, it indicated that Lisa has eased from the state of extreme fear just now.

"Lisa, the rain has stopped, there's no more thunder, let's go back." Jennie tried to release her hands from Lisa's ears.

"Mmmm~~" When Jennie's hands just moved, Lisa shook subconsciously, feeling that rumbling thunder still sounded loudly beside her ears, she instinctively drilled herself back to Jennie's arms, afraid that she would make crying sounds.

"Don't be afraid, I'm here, I'm here with you." Jennie soothed her patiently, she had no idea of what to do for a while.

In fact, a normal person will also be scared by such a dense thunder, let alone an autistic person like Lisa. However, an ordinary person can quickly adjust their emotions after being scared, and when they realized that there's no actual danger, they can quickly get rid of that fear.

However, Lisa is unable to do it. The thunder in the world outside had stopped, but it still continued inside Lisa's world.

Jennie had to figure out a way to divert Lisa's attention, make her feel that the thunder wasn't so terrible and scary so that Lisa can break herself away from fear.

How to do it? Jennie calmed herself down an thought carefully. At this time, Lisa has still not fully awaken, and although Lisa responded to her voice, but this reaction wasn't enough to arouse her up, so what else could she do?

Just now, Lisa leaned close to her despite her trying to wake Lisa up, so Jennie closed her ears again. At this time, Jennie lowered her head and discovered that she was holding Lisa's face in her palms. Lisa's appearance was really exquisite, her skin was fair without blemish, long and thick eyelashes, tall nose bridge, thin lips... that looked kissable, as long as she lowered her head...

This is looking... oddly delicious, what's going on?

Inside Lisa's world was terrible, with big and dark clouds floating around, they covered the once blue sky as rain poured down heavily, leaving her with nowhere to hide. The warmth in front of her was the only reliance she can find inside this endless darkness, who is it? Who brought this familiar warmth? It's very familiar, surely she can remember it...

Lisa thought hard, she had an intuition that as long as she remembered who the warmth belonged to, the thunder would stop immediately.

All of a sudden, something even more warm and soft entered Lisa's world, a familiar smell brought by this warmth wrapping her inside and filled her nose. Inside Lisa's chaotic brain, the dark sky seemed to be suddenly split open by an axe, revealing the bright and clear sky behind as she finally recognized something.

This is Jennie's smell.
Lisa opened her eyes abruptly. Inside the dim light, she can see the silhouette of Jennie, very, very close to her. It was even closer than when Jennie was lying in her arms at night, and right at that moment, she can even counted the number of Jennie's eyelashes. Two eyes, upper and lower eyelids, a total of 268 lashes.