43. Thunderstorm, Want to Kiss You

To decorate the new house, there are too many things to consider, but this feeling of filling the home little by little gave a fulfilling sense of happiness. This kind of happiness can dilute all one's fatigue.

Lisa was immersed in Jennie's vision, and for the first time, desperately wanted to live in a completely strange house. she wanted the big sofa that Jennie said, the one that would let them both watch TV and sleep without going back to the bedroom when they were sleepy. she wanted a big TV on the opposite wall and buy a good stereo that Jennie said to experience the effect of the cinema at home. she wanted to see Jennie in the kitchen preparing dinner for them on the marbled counters. At that time, she wanted to help her prepare the dishes and eat together, and then she would wash all the dishes and put them back in the cupboard.

She wanted to read a book in the loft with Jennie, let the sunlight shine through the colored glass windows.

She likes this house; this is only her and Jennie's house.

”Boom ~~”

A muffled noise came from the sky, which alarmed Jennie who was lying on the ground, hesitating about what color sofa to buy.

”It's really going to rain.” Jennie looked at the sky that was gradually covered by clouds outside. In the morning, Uncle Jung said that there would be rain, but she didn't believe that there would be, until now.

It rained and thundered.

Lisa stared blankly out the window with her eyes flashing unknowingly.

”Lisa, go and turn on the light in the living room.” The sky was covered by thunderclouds, and the room darkened at once. Jennie could hardly see the words on her notebook, "It got so dark so fast and it will rain heavily for a while. I'll close the bedroom and loft windows."

Jennie threw the notebook in her hand on the ground and stood up from the ground. When she was about to go to the bedroom to close the window, Lisa suddenly caught her arm.

”Lisa?” Jennie turned around in surprise, but at this time the sky was already very dark, and the living room's light wasn't on. She couldn't see the expression on Lisa's face and could only ask him, “What's wrong?”

”It's raining.” Lisa's voice was a little dull.

”I know, it should be thunderstorm. Although the sky looks scary, the rain will stop soon. Don't be afraid.” Jennie comforted.

”It's thundering.” After Lisa said this, there was another muffled sound from the sky, like the suppressed roar of a wild beast, and her Adam's apple rolled in her throat.

”You …” Jennie remembered that Lisa was afraid of thunder, how could she forget!

”Don't be afraid, the thunder won't hurt us.” Jennie didn't get to close the window. She stood on her tiptoes and struggled to cover Lisa's ears, fearing that Lisa would be scared by the thunder again. While covering her ears, she wanted to find a nearby shelter to make Lisa more secure.

”Lisa, let's go to the bathroom.” The bathroom window is small, unlike the living room that was attached to the balcony, hiding there wouldn't be as scary.

”It's raining.” Lisa didn't follow Jennie's instructions and stood stunned in the same spot in the living room, mechanically repeating these words.

Jennie thought that Lisa was afraid, but if the lights in the living room were on at this time, she would find that there was no trace of fear on Lisa's face.

”I know, let's go to the bathroom.” Jennie dragged Lisa, but Lisa grabbed her and pulled towards the opposite direction.

”Lisa?” Lisa's hand was steady and strong, Jennie was pulled by her, and watched her go straight to the balcony. Then she opened the floor to ceiling window of the balcony and took her to the stormy balcony.