60. Growing Up

On the first day when Lisa went to work alone, it seemed that even God took a pity on her, so there was a fine drizzle coming down from the sky.

Holding an umbrella on her left hand while her right hand was scratching on the seam on her trouser leg, sometimes, she would look back on the steps leading to home. Even though they were separated by a curtain of rain and 2 meters of steps, Jennie still can feel Lisa's heavy unease.

"She has been standing there for ten minutes." Rosie who ran here early in the morning to see the excitement, was now leaning on the french window while sipping a cup of coffee, her expression was one that was very satisfied.

"Nine minutes." Jennie corrected.

"What's the difference?!" Rosie rolled her eyes, has this girl been with Lisa for too long that she copied her and becomes sensitive to numbers? "Forget it, you see how pitiful she is."

"No!" Jennie refused decisively and straight-forwardly.

"Oh, is this hardening one's heart?" Rosie was somewhat surprised.

"There are some things that she has to learn."

"Looking at how you distressed over her then, I thought you were ready to take care of her for the rest of your life."

"I also want..." With a bitter smile, Jennie sighed softly. If she could, she didn't want to force Lisa this hard.

"What did you say?"

"I said... Lisa must be able to overcome it, just like when I asked her to go for a morning run."

That's right, like that morning jog, she had turned the thing that she rejected to a lifestyle that she liked.

"But, are you really not afraid of Lisa running into some accident? Although everyone in the family agreed, but if something really happened to Lisa, they would still blame you." Rosie reminded.

"I know." Jennie was already mentally prepared, "Jisoo was right, they would certainly blame me if ever something happen to Lisa."

"Jisoo? Why did she say that?!" Rosie stared at her, looking like she was about to flip out, "You're already like this for Lisa and they still dare to blame you? For what reason?!"

"I don't think she meant it like that." Jennie explained, "She meant that no matter who made this decision, once there was something wrong with Lisa, then we all would blame each other. Blame the other party and blame yourself. But love, besides tolerance and protection, it also has responsibilities. If we want to make Lisa better, we have to take risks, and since we have to take risks, then we must have the courage to bear the consequences. I want that courage, and so do they."

"So, does that mean that she trusts you?" Rosie raised her eyebrows.

"Should be, Jisoo said personally that I'm legally and morally the closest person to Lisa."

"She's worthy to be the president of a listed company, this words, it isn't what most people would understand." Rosie turned her head and glanced out the window, a taxi slowly came from the intersection, "It's already five cars."

Jennie was also nervous, she held her breath and waited for Lisa's reaction.

Lisa also noticed the car, she subconsciously looked back to Jennie. Jennie was also looking at her, but she refused to come over and help her.

Really want me to take the taxi by myself?

The car was getting closer and closer, and it seemed that she finally determined that Jennie won't come out and help her today, so Lisa took a deep breath and raised her hand forward.