37. Pleasant Surprise

Because the market response of their shoes was better than expected, so Rosie accelerated the promotion of the official website of their studio and put a new store with only three shoes on the Gmarket homepage for now. On the homepage of the store, she especially showed the studio which contains the physical photos of the studio, address and telephone number. Thanks to Jisoo’s decoration, the studio looks high-end and stylish, one look and anyone can see the artistic style and strength of the studio, which gave it a lot of bonus points.

The promotion on Gmarket’s homepage was extremely powerful, not even one afternoon had passed, their new store had received a lot of clicks and bookmarks, they even sold a pair of shoes. This broke Rosie into a state of joy, and as soon as she waved her hand, the four of them went to the restaurant to celebrate, eating the profits of ten pairs of shoes in one sitting.

“Rosie, come here and see, is this bracelet good looking?” At tea time, Jennie sat at the bar counter and browsed the official website of a certain brand of jewellery store.

“Let me see.” Rosie walked over and glanced, “Oh? They have a new model, this model is okay, it must be beautiful if worn.”

“Then I’ll buy this one.” Jennie placed an order online and chose to pick up from the store.

“Are you going to the store to pick up the goods? This store is quite far from us, it’s better to let them deliver via courier ah, it’d only take the same day to deliver within the same city.” Rosie suggested.

“I’m going to give it in a while ah.” Jennie answered.

“Give? To who?” Rosie curiously asked.

“Lisa’s colleague’s girlfriend.”

“…isn’t this relation too far apart?” Rosie was a little speechless.

“Yesterday, Lisa took a bouquet of roses for me.” Thinking of the bouquet yesterday, Jennie wanted to laugh again, “I only knew when I asked her, but apparently she took them from her colleague that originally wanted to give it to her girlfriend.”

“…a-ahh.” Rosie was convinced if it’s Lisa.

“So, I have to return something for this colleague ah.” Although Jennie didn’t know exactly what happened yesterday, but she knew that Lisa took someone else’ thing anyway. Lisa didn’t understand human relations, so as her wife, and the recipient of the flowers, she had to be the one to mend it. Hence she bought a gift and prepared to go to M Group to apologize to the innocent colleague who was robbed by Lisa.

“It’s also tiring for you.”

“But I received the flowers .” And it was the first time Lisa gave her flowers.

“Isn’t it just a bouquet of roses?” Rosie couldn’t help but spit out, “You’ve never seen the world, get married in a few years and guaranteed you’d think twice before accepting those flowers.”

Jennie smiled, of course she would receive the flowers, but if the people who gave them was different, the meaning would also be different.

After choosing the gift, Jennie got off work in advance. The shop she planned to get the bracelet from was in a mall not far from M Group, so Jennie went to get the bracelet first, then ordered chicken cutlets and cokes for 15 people in the fried chicken shop outside the mall. She ordered the food to be sent to M Group’s game R&D department, and then went to the M Group with the bracelet alone.

Jennie hadn’t been to M Group before, and because she wanted to give Lisa a surprise, she didn’t say anything in advance, hence she was stopped by the front desk receptionist in the lobby downstairs.