51. Jennie Likes Me

As long as she doesn't leave Seoul, Jennie will return to her parent's home every weekend. She also doesn't leave after the meal, but stays from the early morning to night; it would be an entire day for her visit. Her frequency of visiting home becomes more frequent than before. The Kim family's parents doubted whether their daughter was being bullied in the Manoban family.

"You tell me quietly, are you uncomfortable staying in the Manoban's home?" Ji Hyun took advantage of when Lisa was taken away by her husband and stealthily pulled her daughter aside.

"What are you talking about? You don't know how good I've been." Jennie couldn't cry or laugh.

"Then why are you so intimate and devious every time you return?"

"...How can I be intimate and devious?" Jennie rejected.

"What married girl is like you? Runs back to her mother's house early in the morning and is reluctant to leave until after dinner."

"It's not that I'm married, but I'm afraid that you won't think that your daughter wants you anymore, so I come back to accompany you guys more often." Jennie drooped her eyes, preventing her mother from seeing the emotions in her eyes.

I just... I want to spend more time with you.

"Don't worry, it's the beginning of the school year. Despite your father and I being busy, how can we not miss you?" Ji Hyun poked her daughter's forehead with a smile. "But you come here every weekend without hesitation. When I leave the senior students, then I'll be more tired when I have to come back to cook for you."

"I'm your own. How can you treat your students better than me ah?" Jennie was somewhat jealous.

"What's wrong with you? I came back to cook for you. After you leave in a while, I still have to prepare the lesson." Ji Hyun ignored her.

"Oh~~" Jennie knows that her mother will be very busy with her seniors this year, and she also has classes on the weekends for the seniors. She will definitely increase her mother's workload if she comes back so often. But if she doesn't come back on the weekends, when will she be able to spend time with them?

"Also, you don't have to buy so many things every time you come back. The Manoban family is rich, but you can't spend like this ah. It's not good for a married girl to buy things for her parents all the time." Ji Hyun warned, "Besides, your father and I are very well-paid, we don't need you to buy anything."

"That's my own money." Jennie argued.

"Aren't you and Rosie clamoring to make the brand bigger and stronger, so you should save the money for the future. Although mom doesn't know much about business, but money needs to be spent on business, such as investments."

"Don't worry about it. It won't be delayed."

The brand will get bigger and stronger, I don't know how many years it will take to be achieved. At least within four years, Jennie knows that it won't reach Nike, so basically capital famous brand level like Rosie once boasted. So, there's no need for her to save money.

"Have you ever bought anything for Lisa's family? Didn't you say that the interior design in your studio was provided by Jisoo?" Ji Hyun asked while she peeled potatoes.

"It's... a present." Jennie answered a little guiltily. She promised to customize shoes for Lisa's mother, but Lisa's mother insisted on paying, saying that she must be the first customer for her studio. As for the shoes she designed, the Manoban family has three pairs each, but at the cost of Lisa's money.

"What do you mean?"

"It's a gift, it's not very valuable." No matter, whatever Lisa gifted, was what she gifted. Just like what she gave her parents, it was equivalent to Lisa gifting it.