39. A Gift For Victory

“Where are we going to eat?” Lisa held a special attachment to her first time skipping work.

“It’s not yet the time to eat, let’s go shopping for a while.” Jennie replied casually while driving the car.

“I already said it, it’s not the time to eat yet.” Lisa, who had her rules disrupted, wrinkled her nose uncomfortably, she couldn’t help but whispered a little.

“…” Was I being complained? Jennie felt novel receiving a complain from Lisa, so she deliberately didn’t reply, driving the car in silence, trying to see what Lisa would say next.

“We should eat after half past six.” Jennie decided to help Lisa this time.

“It’s only five o’clock now.” The company’s working time was until half past five, but they already came out now, so they will completely be able to make it on time.

After saying these sentences, Lisa was quiet for two minutes, then she repeated these exact sentences again.

“It’s not the time to eat yet… we should eat after half past six… it’s only five o’clock now.” Lisa murmured these sentences back and forth quietly, with an interval of two to three minutes, as if she was set with a single playback software, she repeated it tirelessly.

At first, Jennie didn’t feel annoyed, and instead felt that she was a little cute because Lisa didn’t like talking on ordinary days. But at the same time, she kept thinking that she’s  like a little old lady, which looked amusingly tense.

However, as the time spent talking these exact sentences grew longer, Jennie slowly realized that something was wrong. Lisa’s repeated words wasn’t spoken because of her desire to speak, but that it was because she can’t control herself. It was like that night when she kept writing in her notebook that she must go home at six o’clock, it was because of the obsession caused by her inability to adapt after her rules had been forcibly disrupted. This obsession requires her to return to the ‘right’ path before she can calm down again.

Although the situation wasn’t serious this time, after all, Lisa didn’t get triggered, she was only slightly uneasy, but Jennie knew that her behavior today still made him uncomfortable.

Jennie parked her car in the underground parking lot of a shopping mall in silence, turned off the engine, and then turned her head to look at Lisa who was still muttering like a broken record without her knowing it herself. Jennie opened her mouth and asked, “What time is it now?”

“It’s 5.20, there’s still ten minutes before work is finished.” Lisa’s subconscious mind still thinking about how she didn’t get off work on time.

“When did we come out of M?” Jennie continued to ask.

“4.50” she got off work forty minutes early.

“Thirty minutes, half an hour, you have been repeating that the time has not yet arrived and that you shouldn’t be off work.” Jennie paused for a moment, then asked, “Are you angry with me? Blaming me for taking you out?”

“No.” Lisa shook her head without thinking, although she still shouldn’t come out early, but she’s not angry.

“Then why do you keep talking about it? If you keep talking about it, then doesn’t it mean that you’re not happy? If you’re not happy, then that means you’re blaming me, and if you’re blaming me, that means I did something wrong. But I asked you clearly just now and you agreed to come out with me yourself, and now you’re blaming me when we’re already out?” Jennie’s expression was a little sad, this kind of sadness wasn’t because Lisa harping on her, but it was because she saw Lisa being like this.