Dead End Calls

I get so bad leaving y'all on the cliffhanger...

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Please, please call me back when you get this" I tore the phone from my ear and hung up the dead end call for the 50th time this morning and I'm not kidding 50 fucking times.

Draco had given me his word that he would be home at exactly 10pm and that was a day and a half ago. It was now 1 in the afternoon and he wasn't here. I have called him, texted, called his mother... I have called everyone. It hasn't been long but I'm worried sick. If he gives his word he never ever breaks it. He never has and he said he never will.

"Hey!" I heard Kehlani from down stairs as I gasped and ran down there to greet her "I'm here- what's wrong?" She said frantically as I held onto her hands.

"I- It's Draco... he said- he's said he would be home at 10pm the night he went to that party but he's still not home. I- Lani I'm worried sick, I don't know what to do, what if he's hurt-"

"Hey, hey" Kehlani placed her hand on my cheek as I took a deep breath out and looked her in the eyes "I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he just crashed at Tiffs with Theo or something?"

"I- I called Tiff. She said she hasn't seen him since he was talking to her dad that night. Lani I'm-"

"It's ok" she assured me "Did he crash at the three broomsticks? Have you called there?" She asked as I slowly shook my head "Ok that's a start. Let's look there, cmon. Grab your coat and Elora, I'll be outside"

"Ok, ok" I nodded, a million worrisome thoughts facing through my mind all at once as I practically jumped up at the stairs in a massive rush.

I got Elora dressed nice and warm before I met Kehlani outside. She already sat in her car waiting for us so I strapped Elora into her seat and jumped into mine after.

"Are you sure you haven't seen him?" I pleaded with Madam Rosmerta as she shook her head, a tea tall on her shoulder as she stacked cups away.

"I'm so sorry dear, but if I see him I'll be sure to let you know" she looked at me apologetically as my stomach dropped. I handed Elora to Kehlani before I turned around and tried to regain my breath.

"It's ok, Anna. I promise we'll find him" she tried to comfort me as I placed my hands on the table, trying to pull my self together for Elora. I didn't wanna freak her out.

I looked up to the door and who I saw walk in made my heart drop.

It was Lucius Malfoy and Daphne Greengrass. They had their arms linked as they were greeted by a waiter. Lucius smiled and pointed at a booth at the far end of the dining room.

I picked myself up and rushed towards them before they took their seats.

"Lucius- I- have you seen Draco!?" I asked desperately as he looked down on me in disgust.

"I was out of town" he said simply, not acknowledging my state or even asking if I was ok.

"Daphne?" I looked at her with the smallest tinge of hope in my eyes but she just simply shook her head.

"We shared a few drinks and talked but I'm Afraid he took off before I could get another look" she shrugged her shoulders as I let out a quiet sob.