Poison

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Anna, do you know why they found Madrake juice and Death potion in your system?" Kehlnai asked, being gentle with how she said and worded what left her mouth.

"No" I simply shook my head as I tried to recall everything. I hadn't eaten or drunken anything that I hadn't before- "Wait- I- I had a bottle of double fire whisky. I had never had some before. It was a gift from Draco that he hadn't actually given to me yet but it tasted fine-"

"Anna. Where did you find the drink?" Kehlani leaned forwards in her seat.

"It was in the alcohol cellar. Nothing out of the ordinary. There was- there was a note, it was from Draco. His handwriting did look a little funny but he must of been drunk when he wrote it" I shrugged, not seeing the point she was trying to get across.

"Did it ever occur to you that it wasn't from Draco? That he didn't put it there?" She asked as I shook my head. I didn't think about it, never even crossed dry mind not once.

"How would someone else put it there Lani? Draco has set up bloods wards all around the house. No one could get in unless their blood or they had been given permission" I said to her as she sighed.

"Have you let anyone unusual into the house? Someone you didn't know?" She asked again as I shook my head.

"No I've been by myself. The only time I ever left was with you when we went to the three broomsticks" I assured her as she stood from her chair and paced around the room.

"Anna I think you were poisoned-"

"Well yeah that's why I'm here-"

"No I mean someone tried to kill you" She said as I let out a little laugh, she couldn't be serious.

"Why would anyone try to kill me?-"

"I'm serious Anna. What if you're in danger? What if Draco going missing and your near death experience is connected?" She said as I realised she was being serious. My gut dropped.

"Fuck" I whispered out a gasp as I stood up from my bed.

"Woah, you shouldn't be up-"

"Lani we have to leave. If someone trying to fucking kill me I shouldn't be in a public hospital where anyone can walk in at any time and Avada Kedarva me" I said as I meant down and picked up my sweater from the ground.

"We can't just leave, Anna. You're on suicide watch-"

"Try me. Draco may be missing but that doesn't make him any less powerful" I said to her as she but her lips and nodded, following me out the door of the room before we were stopped in the hallway.

"AnnaLeigh" a sickly high voice stopped us as she gripped onto my hand. I looked up and recognised her as none other then Daphne.

"Daphne?" I asked in confusion as to why she would ever be here.

"I heard what happened. Mandrake Juice and Death potion is not a healthy mix. Thank
Merlin you didn't digest enough-"

"What- who did you-"

"Oh don't be silly. Lucius told me" she smiled innocently as not a second later he came up behind her, placing a hand at the small of her back before smiling down at us.

"AnnaLeigh" his being gone and deep voice rang through my ears "How are you feeling?"

"How did you know?" I asked, taking a small step back to meet where Kehlani was behind me.

"My son is the head healer. I know a lot of things. Such as that you are on Suicide watch and shouldn't be leaving" he said sternly as he rose a blonde eye brow.