Paint An Elephant

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Lani I love you but I think I have had enough embarrassment for today" I said as I covered my face with my hands.

"Ok good" she sighed in relief as I looked at her confused "I wasn't actually hoping you'd tell me. I was just asking as a good friend does incase you wanted to talk about it"

"Why would I wanna talk about my best friends walking in on my Fiancé and I?" I said as she just simply shrugged and sifted on the stool she sat on.

"Anyway, what was your reason for coming over?" I asked as I rubbed my hands together and sat back on the recliner.

"Drop El off" she said as she shut her mouth and acted as though she was done talking but I knew she wasn't. We have been friends for too long and I know her to well. I rose an eye brow as she finally gave in and sighed "It was getting too awkward being alone with Albus so I said that I promised i would drop El off now"

"What do you mean awkward?" I asked confused. Lani and Albus had kind of been on and off relationship for the past year. They decided they were better off friends but still had that tension between them.

"El was asleep so that left Albus and I alone downstairs while dad and Zent went to diagon Alley for some school shit. We just sat there in silence, not knowing what to say to each other" she explained.

"So just ask about the weather or some shit" I shrugged as she rose an eye brow.

"It's not that easy, Anna. It was just sex at first but I think... I think I'm actually starting to like him like really like him" she said as my eyes widened in shock. Kehlani was never really the person to catch feelings in a romantic way. She always found affection so difficult and hearing she likes someone makes me so happy.

"What!? Lani that amazing! Have you told him? Does he like you back I-"

"Anna! I haven't told him and I don't think I will" she said as I frowned.

"You have too" I said "You and Albus are so cute together, you look so happy when you're with him"

"But what if he doesn't feel the same way?" She said as I leant forwards and grabbed a hold of her hand.

"Then he's a blind idiot" I smiled as she just nodded "Now, You're going to find him–wherever he went in this castle of a manor and tell him how you feel"

"What, no-"

"Yes, Lani. You are so go... now!" I demanded as she blinked at me a couple times before actually standing up.

"Fine" she breathed out.

"Brilliant! I'll be upstairs with Draco" I said as I patted her hands and let go. We both went our seperate ways. She went towards the kitchen and I went upstairs.

Once I got up the stairs I went straight for Elora's room. Draco said he was gonna take her upstairs and I'm only guessing that meant he was putting her down for a nap or giving her tummy time.

I slowly pushed open the door and what I saw made me cry with cuteness.

Draco was sat on the nursing chair. Elora laying on her back on Draco's legs as he spoke sweet words to her. Elora's little hands grasped Draco's fingers tightly as he whispered to her.

I'm not quite sure what he was saying as I wasn't close enough to them but it made my heart melt.

"Hey" I said softly. Trying to go disturb the peaceful vibe that was set in the room right now.

"Hey, my love" he smiled as he looked up from Elora for a brief second.

"It's nearly dinner time" I said simply "What do you feel like? I was thinking that I could cook tonight instead of the elf's-"

"Let me take you out" he said as I took a step further into the room.

"What?" I laughed. Not thinking he was serious. It had been so long since I had done something without having a baby around. The mere thought of it just sounds surreal.

"Let me take you out. Let's go to dinner, somewhere nice. Mum can take Elora like she has been offering since she was bloody born" Draco rolled his eyes playfully as I sighed and walked closer to them until I was standing right next to him.

"Are you sure?" I asked, not even being sure myself. The only person I had left Elora alone with is Kehlani. I didn't trust anyone else because if anything were to happen to Elora I don't know what I would do.

"Yes, she'll be fine" Draco assured me as I hesitated for a moment but eventually agreed.

"Fine but she's not spending the night there. We pick her up when we're done with our dinner" I said sternly as Draco agreed and stood up with her in his hands.

"Ok, you get ready and when I come back we will leave" he said as he leaned down and gave me and kiss on the cheek before leaving the room with Elora. 

I was left alone in her room as I stood looking around at all her stuff. Her cradle that we had gotten from Narcissa, her small baby toys that sat in a box in the corner of the room. The nursing chair that sat under a window that shone a nice natural light. The light pink and green rug that sat beneath my feet and The walls were covered in different messy colours.

"I wanna paint an elephant, always found them to be so cute" I said as I dropped buckets of paint in the corner of the empty room.

"Then paint an elephant, well at least try to anyway" Draco teased as he smirked.

I glared at him sideways and tried to hold in my laughs "I can't believe I actually got you to move your music shit for this room"

"That piano has sat in this room since before I was born. It was my grandfathers, Abraxas Malfoy—shit you think I'm scary and harsh? Wouldn't want you around him. He's worse then my father" he chuckled and shook his head as he put down his buckets of paint.

"We better get started then" I said simply as Draco turned and stopped me.

"If something gets too difficult or you get tired... just stop, ok?" He said as I shrugged out of his grasp and rolled my eyes. I am six months pregnant and he's acting like I could go into labour any minute.

"I'll be fine Draco" I assured him as he nodded and lightly kissed my nose. I was distracted by his defection that I didn't notice him reach down for the paintbrush in my bucket.

I'm lucky I wasn't wearing good clothes because in a split second Draco damps it in pink paint and swipes it across my arse.

"Draco!" I laughed as I jumped back away from him "What the hell!?"

"What? I didn't do anything" he shrugged, trying to play innocent.

"Oh Draco Lucius Malfoy... you've done fucked your self up" I playfully shook my head as I reached down and grabbed the second paintbrush I had, dumping it in the mint coloured green paint before flicking it towards him.

His eyes went wide as it landed from his chest up to the bottom of his chin. He blinked at me before swiping the back of his hand over his chin and discarding the green paint before smirking.

"You're done"

By the time we had finished, the whole room and ourselves were covered in Splodges of all different colours. We didn't intend on having it like that but Draco and I decided that we liked it so we left it. 

I glanced around the room once more before leaving.

I guess I was going out for dinner.

It's been a couple of days and I apologise. I had a crazy night last night, like really crazy. I went to Goodlife which is like a music festival in Sydney and it was so fun but tiring asf.

Word count 1388.