Holding On

Up the top has nothing to do with this story. It's just something I wrote from another book sitting in my drafts that I thought ya'll would wanna read.

TW: Anna is feeling self doubt, she feels like a slut, like she's dirty, being used and she explains it.

I'm sorry if that sounded bad but I'm trying to explain it properly and didn't know what to label the TW as.

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

I haven't put Elora down at all.

I refused to.

I didn't know who that man was and I didn't care. Albus had taken care of him, told the resort, notified the ministry and informed Draco—who was on his way back to the hotel but I couldn't care less. I couldn't do any of this anymore.

I couldn't even be alone with my baby without being in danger and I didn't sign up for that. I hadn't changed out of my swimmers and I hadn't fixed up Elora. I just sat in the same spot with her held in my arms.

Kehlani came to see if I was ok but I didn't answer, of course I wasn't ok, none of this was fucking ok. I felt like screaming, crying, leaving. All of this was too much. I had the fright of my life today, my life was in danger, My daughters life was in danger. 

I couldn't imagine what would happen to her if something happened to me. It ate me up inside how close I came to losing her, how close she came to losing me. It had happened before, only last year but this time it was different.

I didn't have so much to lose and now I do.

"Anna!" I heard Draco's voice ringing around the hotel room but I stayed quiet, I didn't want to move. I just sobbed. Elora had stopped crying, I managed to calm her down whilst not even having myself calm.

The door opened and in stormed Draco. He immediately spoofed Elora and I, running over to crout down beside me.

"Anna— are you ok–"

"No" I said, not even looking at him and just ahead of me "No I'm not fucking ok" I spat as I finally looked at him. He looked distraught, his hair messy, skin sweaty and pale.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered as he tried to place a hand on my shoulder but I flinched and stood up from the ground, clutching Elora tight.

"You should of been here" I said as he stood "You–You should of been here but instead you're running around chasing Scorpius around this fucking island"

"I know, I know I just—"

"I was in danger–Elora was in danger. A stranger came in, anything could of happened to her Draco! You daughter was in trouble" I said as I sat back down in the bed, sobbing my eyes out by now.

"Fuck! I know and I'm fucking sorry" he snapped as he ran a hand through his blond hair. I looked up at him, my eyes blurry and glossy from the tears.

"Please take her" I said as I stood and reached her out towards him "We need to get cleaned up" Draco took her into his arms and looked down to my body.

His expression dropped.

I followed his eyes to see a big purple and blue bruise covering the skin just above my belly button. I chocked out a sob as I felt around the injury and winched in pain.

"Where the fuck is he? I'll fucking kill him—"

"Aurors came and took him. There is nothing we can do now, Draco" I shook my head as I walked past him and into the bathroom.

"Anna—"

"Please change her" I said before I closed the door. I slid off my swimmers and turned on the shower, a hot fucking shower.

I dipped my head under, the water burning my face but it was therapeutic. I looked down at my body and found there was more bruises then one. I had faint finger marks around my ankles where he pulled me, a bruise on my arse next to Draco's initials, I even had a small cut on my elbow.

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath as I tiled my head, letting it gently against the tiled shower wall. I hugged my arms around my chest and slowly slid down until I hit the floor.

I cuddled my body, moving my legs up to my chest as well as I cried. I just barely got through it the first time and it happened again. I felt gross, like I was open for everyone to touch and squeeze wherever they please.

I knew my situation was less severe as others, I was so relieved like someone had managed to step in before it could become worse but I just couldn't shake his touch on me, it's like it was burned into my skin.

I reached up, grabbing the soap from the small little silver dish that hung on the wall and started to rub it all over my body, wishing I could swallow it to wash my insides. I dipped the soap and started to gently massage it into my skin, going carefully over the bruises I had.

I knew Draco would make me a potion for them, make them go away and forget I had even had them.

He always did.

I felt bad for going off at him. It wasn't his fault and whether he'd been here or not–fate is fate. Of course it wouldn't of dragged along and been stopped immediately but I couldn't blame that on him, it wasn't fair.

Staying cuddled up on the ground I threw my head back into the water, washing the soap from my skin but I still felt dirty, unclean. I closed my eyes, focusing only on how the hot water felt burning my already burnt skin. It didn't hurt, if anything it was helping.

I heard the shower door open but I kept my eyes shut, feeling my body being pressed and tugged against another. I was still sitting down but so were they, sitting me in between their legs as my back rested on their bare chest, my head falling back onto their shoulder as the water hit us.

I knew it was Draco but just to make sure I opened my eyes slightly to see his body tangled in mine. I closed my eyes again, feeling him wrap his arms around my chest and rest his head on top of mine.

We didn't say anything—I couldn't say anything because I knew I'd break down in tears again but Draco also knew that and didn't expect me to speak.

"I'm done" he said softly, just the sound of the gentle tone in his voice was enough to make a tear roll down my cheek "You are right. I should be here with you, with Elora and not chasing him. So... I'm letting it go, handing it to the ministry like I should of done in the first place"

"I just let my anger get the best of me and I'm sorry" he lifted my hand to place a small kiss on my knuckle "I cant express how sorry I am and how much I love you. I said I wouldn't let anything else like that happen to you and I did, it's all my fault–"

"No" I said my voice shaky and cracking at the tears threatening to burst out "No, it's not your fault. What you did was for me, you were chasing him for me, you were not here because of me. I can't blame you for that"

"I'm gonna stay here. I'm not leaving your side for the rest of the trip, I'm not leaving your side ever. I'm not letting it happen again, not letting anyone else touch you except me" he said in a mere whisper, his hands tightening around my waist, making me feel safe and warm.

"I feel..." I sighed, not sure that I even wanted to tell him this but I wanted to be honest "I feel dirty, like I can be touched by whoever and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it" I said as I let the tears take over "I feel like a slut and what happened, happened for a reason and that it's my fault—"

"Stop" Draco said, pulling my body up closer to him "Don't ever say this is your fault because it's not. I know how you feel and in some sense it will never go away but I can help you"

"Let me help you"

I need to stop writing chapters when I'm depressed asf.

Just know it's never ever your fault ❤️

Next chapter will be Draco and Albus conversation.

Also read 'Maybe in the future; Draco. Malfoy' xoxo

Word count 1485.