Brewing Blue

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

It had been another day.

Draco had started to brew the potion. He was currently down stairs in the potions cellar, doing gods knows what to make this potion.

I was upstairs, just putting Elora to sleep as I got a notification on my phone. It was a text from Kehlani asking me if I was ok. I responded quickly and decided to do a little browsing. It had been so long since I had just sat down and looked through my phone, through my gallery.

New born pictures of Elora and her cute little face was 90% of it. It made me giggle how many photos I insisted we needed of her. I scrolled all the way up until I spotted a photo of Draco and I.

I was 4 months pregnant and Draco insisted I needed a night off and took me to dinner. It was a picture of us at the Eiffel Tower. He knew it was my favourite place. It took me half an hour to convince Draco to take a photo with me. He simply refused until I told him I wouldn't have sex with him for a week, he switched up real quick.

I took notice of the smiles on our faces, real smiles. Draco and I were happy, happier then any of us had ever been before. He had his arms possessively around the small baby bump as I leant back and melted into his touch. I could still remember what he had said to me.

"It's always fucking freezing up here" Draco complained as a small chuckle left my mouth.

"Just hold still so she can take the god damn photo, Draco and then we can leave" I hit his shoulder lightly as he reached down and placed a gentle kiss to my neck.

"Is that good enough?" He whispered into my ear as I sighed.

"No Draco. Smile, smile like you love me" I teased as he rolled his eyes.

"You know that I love you" he shook his head as I leant further into him.

"Really?"  I said, obviously knowing the answer but hearing him say it was just music to my ears.

"Forever and always, Chérie"

I swiped off the app and turned off my phone.

I had to keep telling myself that he wouldn't be like this forever, that I would have him back when he was done with the potion.

I sighed and walked down stairs to the potions cellar. I had nothing to do now that Elora was asleep and all the house work had been done by the elf's so I decided I would see how Draco was doing.

"What's this?" He asked as he pointed to the plaster mould we did- well I made Draco do with me.

"It's a tummy cast. I was 6 months Preggo when we did it. It took me hours to convince you to do it. You said 'It's a stupid muggle thing' " I laughed as I mocked his voice.

"Fair enough" he shrugged as he turned to briefly stir the potion.

"How's it going?" I asked as I walked over and looked over his shoulder.

"Fine" he said simply "It'll be done a week earlier then it should be which I good is guess" he shrugged as I sighed and backed away from him.

"Do you not wanna remember, Draco?" I asked with a hint of sadness in my tone as I realised I couldn't even force him to take it.

"No, no. It's not that- it's just... I can't believe Daphne would do something this crazy" he turned his back towards me and slumped his shoulders down.

I inched closer towards him "She's a crazy bitch" I said as a little chuckle left his mouth.

"That she is" he turned around and realised we were a lot closer then he and I knew.

Silence filled the room as we just stared at each other. My whole body was screaming to kiss him, to try and get him to remember what he's forgotten and for a moment I swear I saw his eyes flicker before he cleared his throat.

"I- I should go up stairs" he said as he walked past me and disappeared.

I sighed and placed my hands down on the table. I watched as the potion slowly bubbled.

I felt my heart beating incredibly fast, my breathing hitch in my face as tears rolled down my cheek. I really couldn't do this anymore.

I pulled out my wand and mumbled "Silencio" before I dropped my wand to the ground, me going down with it as I just screamed.

I screamed and screamed.

Crying away my pain, physically and emotionally. My heart physically hurt as I watched him not remember me, not remember the love he had for me or the love I had for him.

I screamed, hoping someone would hear me, hoping someone would take away the pain I was feeling, make it better, but I knew damn well that the only person that could fix this was him. 

His touch, his laugh, the way he looked at me, the way he talked to me, the love he has for his little family. It tore me to shreds and I just didn't know what to do anymore. I didn't know if I could last a month.

I screamed again. Out of pure pain. It was a pain I hadn't experienced before and I wanted to make it go away. I gripped onto the sides of my arms and huddled myself together as I sat against the table.

I closed my eyes as hot tears streamed out uncontrollably. I was so wrapped up in this feeling that I hadn't realised he had saw it all. Watching from upon the stairs, not actually being able to hear me because of my charm but he saw me.

He had seen my pain.

To distracted to know that he was right beside me, cradling me as I sobbed. He didn't remember who I was to him but he still held me. He held me as though I was the love of his life because in some reality I still was.

He placed my head on his shoulder and told me everything was going to be ok, tried to assure me that I was going to be fine. I had missed his scent, his comfort. Missed the sweet words that left his mouth, always managing to calm me in my time of need.

He didn't know but he was the only one that could make me feel like this. Feel like there was more to living then just living. Making feel like I deserved to be loved and he was the one to do it.

I stopped crying, melting into his touch once again and for a second, we forgot. We forgot that we were strangers, we forgot about everything that happened before. No one else in the world mattered but us.

In that moment everything was normal, in that moment I was his and he was mine.

This is such a short fucking chapter but it's so fucking sweet. Soft Draco always has a very special place in my heart.

Also if I see one comment telling Anna that she's being dramatic I will stab. I can't imagine the pain I would be in if the love of my life just completely forgot about me and acted as though I didn't exist so I will shoot 😃

Word count 1253.