2.

A/n: I decided to write small 'scenes' to introduce some main characters or show a little about them during the summer at the beginning of the first chapters. You can always skip those parts if you'd like.

Blaise Zabini

One Month Ago

I unlock my front and step into my house only to see my mum with her third boyfriend of the month. It was her usual, they'd make out everywhere they went, go on 'cutesy' dates, and a week later, they'd break up and she'd become the drunk mess she usually was.

"Oi, your stupid cat got its fur all over my new dress," She pulls away from the new guy's lips. Her words were slurred. Great, she's already drunk. "She was just playing around," I shake my head, not in the mood for our usual bickers.

"Are you talking back to me?" She scoffs. My mum walks out of the kitchen and steps closer to me. "No ma'am," I look down.

"That's what I thought. I expect you to be doing all the laundry. And figure what you're going to do with her or I'll do it myself." She looks at me up and down and walks back over to the kitchen with a smirk. I'm not one for slut-shaming but...she was a total whore.

I stood there for a second, then walk up to my room. As soon as I open the door to my room, my cat, Juniper, runs towards me, rubbing her body against my legs. "She's a mean lady isn't she?" I coo at her with a baby voice and close my door.

My room was my comfort place. Well, I'm pretty sure it's everyone's. My music posters and records hung up on my walls. My mum hates it which makes me hang up more and more. My bed is never made, it's only going to get messed up anyway. But best of all is what laid in one of my drawers. I turn the lock on my door and slide open my drawer. There laid a small plastic bag with joints, I know, it's bad for my health and blah blah blah.

I pull one out and light it with a small, yellow lighter that Daphne gave me. The joint swings in between my lips. I immediately lighten up and place a record on my record player, letting it play on full volume.

Bopping my head to the music, I open up a window, it's not my first rodeo smoking in my room when my mum is only a few feet away. My cell phone rings with a text message from George Weasley asking me to meet up with him. George and I have been secretly 'hanging out' for five months now.

A smile slowly appears on my face as I reply to him. I put out my joint, grab my car keys, swipe on a layer of chapstick, and walk downstairs. "Where are you going?" My mum asks me.

"Out,"

"Out where?" I ignore her and walk out. Now is when she decides to care about me?

-

"Hey," I smile at George as I give him a hug. "I got you strawberry since it's your favorite." He seemed a bit distant than normal. We both take a seat, taking sips from our milkshakes. The only noise was from birds chirping and leaves rustling from the wind. George sighs and says, "Blaise, I've been meaning to talk to you,"

"Hit me," I set down my shake, letting all my attention go to him. "This...thing between us, I-I don't think this is going to work." My smile slowly fades away. I softly tilt my head, "What do you mean?"

"It's been really nice spending time with you but I think I prefer girls," George looks down. "So I was just some experiment to you?" I scoff. "No, no, no, trust me when I tell you that you're more than that. It's just-"

"No, screw you. This is why there are Buzzfeed quizzes to figure out your sexuality. You don't just toy with people's emotions and feelings." I angrily push myself out of my chair. He was the only thing keeping me from offing myself just to find out he didn't even like guys.

"Fuck you, George Weasley." I take off the lid to my milkshake, pouring it over his bright, red hair, and walk over to my car. Before I start it, I rest my head on my seat and let out the tears that were forming. Fuck. Him. Why am I crying over him?

Lucille Blaire Evans

Now

"Did you hear that Lavender Brown has a crush on my brother? How can a girl like her like my brother? It's ghastly," Ginny pretends to gag as we walk past classrooms. "I mean, your brother is kind of cute," I giggle. Ginny hated it when anyone talked about any of her siblings in that way.

"Lucille Blaire Evans, you did not just say that!" She jokingly punches my arm in disgust making us both laugh. "Well, this is my stop. Don't flirt with my brother," We stop by the greenhouses. Since Ginny is a year below me we don't have any classes together.

"Don't cause any trouble," I say to her as she walks in. It was just me now, walking through the empty halls. It wasn't like me to be late for class but I stayed up reading so I woke up a bit late.

As I walk through the corridor, I hear two voices arguing in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. "I sent those to you! That means you keep them to yourself and only yourself, Draco!" One of the voices says, their voice was breaking up.

"We aren't together anymore so I can share these with who I want." Was it Draco and Pansy? Nope, I should not eavesdrop on their conversation. It's private, that is why they are in the bathroom.

I quickly walk away from the bathroom and enter the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. "You're late Ms. Evans," Snape says firmly. "Yes, I'm sorry professor. It won't happen again." I take a seat at the back of the classroom. I pull out a piece of parchment and jot down what was written down on the chalkboard.

A few minutes later, Pansy walks into the room, wiping under her eyes. "Ms. Parkinson you're late."

"Piss off," She mutters under her breath while looking around the classroom for an empty seat. I also look around and notice the only empty one was the one next to me. Pansy sighs and sits in the seat I was looking at.

"Can I borrow a quill?" She whispers over to me. I nod and reach into my bag. I pull out the quill she asked for. Pansy takes it from my hand letting our fingers touch. Her nails were painted black with a few sides chipped.

"Thanks," She smiles with half of her mouth, only to receive another nod from me. Apparently, Blasie Zabini had seen this and let out a whistle making Pansy crumble up the parchment she had and throw it at him.

"That's a detention...on the first day." Snape shakes his head while casting a spell to collect the crumbled parchment. "What? She threw it," Pansy scoffs and points at me. My jaw drops as I turn to her.

"Alright then, Evans you get one for throwing it, and Parkinson, you get one for ratting out your fellow classmate. Ten points from Gryffindor and Slytherin."

"I haven't had detention since first year," I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh, boohoo," Pansy sarcastically pouts. Was she serious?

"Fucking Slytherins," I mumble and shake my head.

-

"Mate, she got me a detention. A detention! After I gave her my quill, she didn't even give it back," "I think you're overreacting." Ginny shrugs. "Maybe,"

"You know, I thought she was different from the rest after the...pill situation."

A/n: This chapter was kind of quick-to-the-point but I hope you enjoyed it. I few questions, one, how did you guys like the small segment at the beginning about Blaise? Two, Did you guys like how Blaise "broke the fourth wall"?