3.

A/n: Sorry there isn't an introduction for this chapter. I realized I was taking way too long to upload this chapter!

Lucille Blaire Evans

"No talking, no magic, just cleaning," Snape says firmly, then walks out of the room. I grab a cloth and start spraying down tables. On the other hand, Pansy just hops onto a table and starts painting her chipped nails.

I scoff and continue wiping down the table. "Are you seriously going to clean? You know he doesn't check, right?" Pansy mutters, shaking her head. "Do not speak to me. Do not try to conversate with me. I will simply ignore you." I keep my eyes down at the table and continue cleaning. I often clean, a little too much some say. I've learned from experience that just one single thing out of place will send me into this mindset that only creates a bigger mess.

"Well, we're going to be in here for a while so might as well start a conversation." She shrugs. I stop wiping down tables and turn to her. "Parkinson, it seems like I haven't made myself clear. Don't talk to me."

"Jeez, didn't know the ponytail was that tight." Pansy snickers. "First of all, it's not a ponytail, it's a clip. My hair is being held up by a clip. Second of all, you are the one that got me in here because you couldn't own up to your actions." I tilt my head, looking at her up and down. How could she be so shameless?

"It's funny when you try to be intimidating...maybe even cute." Pansy quirks an eyebrow, only making me scoff again. "Excuse you?" I thought Draco was bad, she's worse.

"I expect you'll get off that table and help me clean."

"The house-elves do all the cleaning, I just sit back and watch," Her legs swing back and forth. "Maybe for once in your life you could do some work," I mumble under my breath and roll my eyes.

"Attitude much?" She mutters. I let out an annoyed sigh and turn back to her. "Yes, what are you going to do about it?" At this point, all the "positive vibes" that I try to return were gone and I was to the point where I wanted to yell. Do I have a short temper? Maybe...

"Wouldn't you like to know, Evans," A smirk creeps up on her face. My lips softly part. No! That is absolutely disgusting! Both Pansy and the sinful thoughts that lingered in my thoughts.

"Didn't you just break up with your boyfriend?" Pansy raises her eyes then sends a cold glare before saying, "What? What do you know about that? Keep your nose where it belongs."

"Seems like I hit a nerve,"

"Shut it!" She raises her voice at me, sending chills down my spine. I go completely silent and focus on the tables. Silence and tension filled the room.

"I-I'm...sorry," She lets out a heavy breath. I ignore her, I did say I wasn't going to speak to her. "Have you ever been in love? That's what got me so uptight." Pansy asks me. "What?"

"You know...love? The feeling you get when you'd hurt yourself just for that one person?"

I shake my head. "Good, it's not something you want. Because then they take advantage of you and- never mind." I remained silent the entire time. The rest of detention went by quietly and slowly. Pansy ended up cleaning the chalkboard, it was something.

The door unlocks itself, making Pansy sigh from relief. What? Was the poor princess tired of painting her nails?

I walk out after her and walk up to the Gryffindor common room.

-

"How was the detention?" Ginny asks with an innocent smile on her face. I tell her everything that had happened, not leaving a single detail out.