49.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Oh! Lu! I've been looking for you." Ginny runs up to me as I walk to class. "I know we haven't spoken in a minute but I need your help." She slows down her pace and walks with me. "Mhm," I nod, keeping my eyes down at the ground. "Okay, so, you know how Pansy has-"

"Ginny, I really don't want to talk about Pansy," I turn to her. "Why?" She frowns. "I just don't. I'm actually not doing very well right now, so maybe I can help you later?" I give her a soft smile. "We'll, what's wrong?" She asks, tilting her head. I remain silent for a second. She's going to find out one way or another."We broke up, I'm back to my old eating habits, and I haven't gotten a full night of sleep in like three days." I blurt out with a heavy breath.

"Oh, that sucks,"

"Anyway,"

"Pansy has this friend, I'm pretty sure you know her. Daphne Greengrass? I heard a rumor that she and Luna are talking. Could you find out If it's true? Since you and Pansy got together, I've seen you speaking with her." Of course, only check up on me when it's convenient to you.

"Yeah, I'll...um...see," I clear the knot that's forming in my throat. "Thank you so much," She gives me a quick hug. "Oh, and I told you she'll break your heart. But did you listen to me? No." She raises her eyebrows at me, giving me an "I told you so" face.

"Ginny, you don't even know why we broke up." I snap at her. "I'm assuming she cheated on you or hit you or something." She gives me a cold shrug. "She would never do such a thing. You assume that she's such a bad person but she would sacrifice the world for me."

"I'm sorry, gosh, no need to be so sensitive." She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I have to go. I'll talk to you later." I mumble and walk into the DADA classroom.

I take my usual seat, in the back and next to Pansy, although she hasn't been showing up to class lately. I don't mind it though, it would be really awkward having her sit next to me and not hold my hand or something else. But I'm also worried, what If she's not doing okay?

I brush it off and rest my head on my elbows. The bell rings, making students rush into the class. Another no-show for Pansy. Now I'm really worried, knowing her mum, she would die If she found out Pansy was skipping class.

"Turn to page-" Before Snape could continue, the classroom door swings open and Pansy is behind it, wearing cat eye sunglasses. "I'm here, you don't need to mark me late." She smiles and takes her seat next to me.

"Ms. Parkinson, where have you been? You've missed the last two classes and now you're late." Snape scolds her. "Calm down, mate. You're going to get more wrinkles." She scoffs and takes out her textbook. "I beg your pardon? Take off those sunglasses." He steps in front of our table, making me nervously look down.

"It's too bright in here, Professor." She groans.

"Ten points Slytherin,"

"This is why you're no one's favorite professor,"

"Thirty points Slytherin and a detention for you."

"Alright, I'm taking them off." She gives up and removes the sunglasses. Her eyes are red but not from crying. She's high. Who comes to class high?

"Happy?" She smiles at him with teeth. "Forty points Slytherin, a detention, and a visit to Dumbledore's office for showing up to class under the influence of drugs." He leans in, snatching the sunglasses away from her hands and walking away to his desk.

Pansy tries not to laugh but fails. She bursts out laughing with her hand over her mouth. "That is enough from you, Ms. Parkinson. I will be sending a letter home to your parents as soon as class is over." That makes her stop laughing. A wave of 'oohs' goes around the classroom. "I'm sure your mother would love to hear that her straight O's daughter has been skipping school and smoking cannabis."

She looks down and flips through her textbook. "Let this be known, drugs are not tolerated in this school, nor will they ever be." Snape says to the classroom. "Turn to page four hundred and two and write down what's written on the chalkboard."

During class, I can't help but feel bad for her. She must be so lost. Not because of the weed but she's missed so much. And by the looks of her dark circles, she hasn't gotten much sleep either. I reach into my bag and pull out my notebook with written notes and slide it over to her. I go to speak but notice Snape was looking at us.

Instead, I grab a small piece of parchment and write, "You can borrow them to catch up. The last thing you need is to be failing your classes:)" I slip it next to the notebook. She looks up at me then at the note. She takes a moment to read it and slides the book back.

I frown. "Take it. I know you need them." She doesn't even bother reading and crumbles it up. "I don't need them. You don't know what I need. Leave me alone, don't bother even looking at me because I'm not going to look back." She writes on a new piece. It feels like another part of my heart is being torn away.

My lips form into a small pout as I put my notebook back in my bag. I can't help but look at her, even If she told me not to. "I was just trying to help," I whisper. She heard me because her body seemed to tense. She shuts her book and takes out her notebook, flipping to an empty page.

"Psst, Goyle, can I borrow a quill?" She whispers over to Vincent who's sitting in front of us. "Will you give me something in return, princess?" He smiles with a wink. She glares at him then rolls her eyes. Pansy looks around the room and lets out a sigh. I hand her an extra quill but ignores me and pulls out a pencil eyeliner with a shrug. "You'd rather use makeup to write than a quill I'm offering you?"

"Yep,"

"Why are you being so cold? I'm trying to help you out." I softly scoff and place the quill on her book. "I have my reasons and I don't need anything from you." She says coldly. "Do you think you can just push me away, Pansy? As If nothing ever happened between us?"

"Mhm,"

"You know you don't want that." I place my hand on hers, my thumb caressing the heart tattoo on her finger. She shuts her eyes as If she's trying to fight back tears. "Please," She mutters low enough so only I can hear. "I don't, but it's for the best." She pulls her hand away.

I change into my pajamas and walk out of the steamy bathroom. "You take an absurd amount of time in there." Onyx snickers as she grabs the towel. "Monet, I suggest you keep your mouth shut before I permanently kick you out, like I should have the other day."

"Look, I'm sorry. But I was being honest. And you always have to be honest with your friends." She shrugs. "We're not friends. We're not even acquaintances. You are just my bitchy roommate that I have a strong hatred for."

"Pansy really broke you, huh." She nods. "Why is it that you always bring up Pansy? Is it because you're jealous of her or something? Because you can't seem to keep her name out of your mouth." I raise my eyebrows at her. "No reason, just bringing her up while you still have her, I mean, barely."

"I'm going to bed before I actually hurt you." I tell her with my fists clenched. "You do that." She smiles at me before walking into the bathroom and shutting the door. I lay in my bed, staring at the wall to try and fall asleep. I do feel a bit tired which is shocking. Surprisingly, my eyes slowly flutter closed and the world goes dark.

I shift in my sleep and softly smile when I feel Pansy's hand gently caressing my cheek and muttering something under her breath. My smile vanishes when I remember that Pansy's not here.

I turn my head and see no one is there. My muggle clock reads four-thirty a.m. Then I see the bathroom light on with the door closed. I hear the toilet flush and Onyx walks out.

"Were you touching me?" I ask her in a sleepy voice, rubbing my eyes to see her better. "What?" She softly scoffs in disbelief. I remain silent for a few seconds. "Never mind." I shake my head and turn around, covering my shoulder with my blanket. But don't go to sleep.

I frown to myself as Onyx shuts the light off and crawls into her bed. Who the hell was touching me?

"Go to sleep. You were dreaming. No one was touching your cheek." Onyx says with her head turned away. I hate to say it, but she's right. I slightly nod and close my eyes.

But they immediately flash open. I told her that I felt someone touch me. I never told her that someone was touching my cheek. It was her. What the actual hell?

And now that I know that, there is no way in hell that I'll sleep in the same room as her. She's a creep.