52.

Lucille Blaire Evans

No, it's too much of a coincidence. It just can't be true. There's no way. I wonder If Onyx knows and can she casually talk to me knowing that her dad killed my parents.

The door to my dorm swings open. Of course it just has to be Onyx. Pansy quickly snaps out of her high and watches as Onyx drops her bag on the ground. Onyx stops and looks down at the letter in my hands, her jaw tightening. "And who said you could read that?" She tongues her cheek. Before I can answer, she harshly snatches the letter from my hands.

"Don't touch her," Pansy scoffs, making Onyx turn to her. "Then tell her not to touch my shit. I mean, you seem to have her wrapped around your finger." She steps closer to Pansy. She looks at Onyx up and down with a grin. I honestly can't tell If it's because she's high or because she's thinking of all the ways she'll make Onyx regret saying that.

"It's funny how you talk to me, like you aren't scared. But we both know that deep down inside, you are fucking terrified of me." She says with an innocent smile. "Or would you like me to remind you?" She tilts her head, looking at the scar on Onyx's nose that was from Pansy's doing.

I try my hardest to hold back my smile. Oh, my gosh, Lucille! I cannot be finding this attractive right now. Pansy just threatened Onyx!

Oh, but she looked so good doing it. And knowing she's doing all this while high...is it getting hot in here?

"C'mon, Pans. Let's hang out in the common room," I signal my head towards the door while grabbing my bag. "No, I like it here," She turns her head to look at me with a frown. My eyes look back over at Onyx. Pansy turns her attention back to her and simply tells her, "Leave,"

Onyx definitely has something to say in response but she stays quiet, her fists clenching. She sighs and steps away, grabbing her books. "Tell your bitch not to touch what's not hers." She snaps as she folds the letter up, keeping her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"What the fuck did you just call her," Pansy raises her eyebrows, standing up from my bed and stepping towards Onyx. "I am not anyone's 'bitch'" I scoff. "You're still mad at the fact that I didn't choose you over her. Get over it. Being with you never even crossed my mind."

"Get out." I point towards the door. She's gotten on my last nerve. The day that Pansy broke up with me she had the audacity to talk to me as If I were a piece of trash. Onyx opens her mouth to speak but stops when Pansy raises her eyebrows with an expression that says, 'Are you seriously going to keep on talking?'

She huffs and walks out, slamming the door behind her. "That was very hot," Pansy lets her jaw drop along with her guard as soon as Onyx leaves. "Like I am very turned on right now." She blurts out.

"You are very high," I shake my head with a small chuckle. "I am very high," She nods, stepping closer to me, making my body push up against my desk. "Therefore," I play with her hair with my eyes on her lips.

"Therefore," She repeats after me, her hands slithering around my waist. "I will not be having sex with you," I give her a soft peck on the lips. "I will not-" She gasps as soon as she realizes what I said. "I'm not sleeping with someone who is under the influence." I tap her nose with my index finger.

"That rule sucks," She groans and lays down on my bed. I lie down next to her, our noses barely touching. "Then can you tell me who Kai is?" Her eyes meet might as they travel up my face. I stay quiet and disregard her question.

"Is your beach house in Italy big?" I change the subject. "I think I asked you something first." She frowns. I mind goes to when we first started dating. 'Lie when necessary.' But now since I'm so close with Pansy, I don't have reason to lie to her. We should be telling each other everything.

"Kai killed my parents." I look down as my hands play with the end of her shirt. "He killed them on my birthday and I watched them die there. You know that scar I have on my shoulder?"

"Yeah,"

"He gave that to me." The more I think about that day, the more I play with her shirt. There was so much blood. And I don't even know why he did it, my family hadn't seen him in years before the incident.

"Oh, that must have been traumatic." She caresses my cheek, almost as If she is telling me, 'I'll never let anything like that happen to you,'

"Let's leave tomorrow. I want to get out of here already." I finally look up at her with a smile. "Running away on Valentine's Day? How romantic. There's a party and the Ravenclaws are throwing it this year, and all their parties are the best-"

"I really don't feel like going to a party, I just want to be far away from here with you." I pout. "Fine but we at least pretend like we're going? I have a really cute dress I want to wear." She gives me a suggestive look. I roll my eyes and nod.

A few hours go by of us talking and just looking into each other's eyes. She is so beautiful. I could look at her all day. I can tell she's not high anymore. Her eyes could stay open normally and she isn't so cheerful. "Let's go down to the Lake. One last time." I suggest, sitting up properly.

"Of course, one last time." She nods and stands up.

We walk down to our usual files of daisies and admire the sunset together. The gold of the sun outlined the white fluffy clouds. The sky is a mix of pink and orange reflecting against the Lake's dark water.

My head rests against Pansy's shoulder as we lean back on our hands. The wind blows, sending shivers up my spine and disturbing the peaceful water. We sit there for another hour, watching as the sun was swapped out with the moon, silently. The stars glistened in the now dark sky. I can spot at least three constellations and another one of the most gorgeous stars I have ever seen, Pansy.

She looks up at the sky in amazement. Her eyes sparkling as the stars reflected on them. Her gaze turns to me. "What?" She tilts her head. "I am so in love with you," I think out loud. She smiles and presses her lips against mine.

Just as she pulls away, I pull her closer. My lips ached to keep hers on mine, connected forever. Her hand moves to my jaw and the other to my thigh as our lips dance together under the stars.

When I'm with Pansy all my negative thoughts and problems go away.

I have never felt happier.