9.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Lucille! In here!" Neville calls for me as I pass the greenhouses. I walk to see him watering the plants. "Do you want to help me, Lu?" He asks, keeping his eyes on his plants. "Um, sure. What's this one's name?" I nod and walk over to a colorful flower.

"Oh, well, actually, its name is Lu, after you." He looks, scratching the back of his head. "Aww, that's so cute." I smile. Neville's cheeks slowly turn a soft pink.

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Neville. "Lu, If you don't mind me asking, how come I never see you eat? You've got to stay healthy." He mumbles with food in his mouth. "I-I just don't like eating in front of people, that's all." I shrug.

Then, someone catches my eye. Not Pansy, someone new. A girl walks into the Great Hall wearing a black bodycon dress with fishnets underneath and smoking a cigarette. The girl takes off her black cat-eye sunglasses and looks around the room. She puts out her cigarette with her boots.

Her short, bright red hair could catch anyone's attention, it caught mine. She's absolutely stunning.

She struts down the tables and takes a seat next to me. "Hi, I'm Lucille Evans, everyone calls me Lu." I give her a soft smile. "I'm Onyx, Onyx Monet." She takes my hand and places a kiss on the back of it, leaving a red lipstick imprint. Her accent sounds deep and rich. She sounds...expensive?

"Um, you're new, right?" I manage to stutter out. "Yeah, what gave it away?" She chuckles. "Nothing, I just haven't seen you around. Would you like me to give you a tour?"

"That would be lovely. You seem like a kind girl, don't let people take advantage of that." Onyx whispers into my ear. "I won't. Follow me." I get up a begin to show her around. "This is the Great Hall. You would usually sit with your house but you haven't been sorted yet."

We continue to walk around the school. "I have to use the restroom, wait for me?" She asks. "Yeah, no problem." I nod. "You're friends with the new girl?" A voice asks. I turn around to see Pansy leaning against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Yeah, she's not embarrassed by me," I say coldly. "Mm...Lucille, I didn't mean what I said, alright?" She sighs, unfolding her arms and walking closer to me. "Whether you meant it or not, you still hurt my feelings, and until you apologize, you won't be hearing from me." I shake my head and give her a sarcastic shrug.

"Alright, we can continue- oh hi, I'm Onyx." Onyx walks out of the restroom and offers her hand to Pansy but she ignores her. "Lucille, I don't apologize to anyone." She walks away. "Well, she doesn't seem very nice." Onyx tilts her head as she watches Pansy walk away.

"She's not." I sigh. "So, Onyx, what brings you here?" I ask her as continue to show her the school. "Well, the other day my mum had asked me to grab her some pills in her nightstand and I found like tons of these letters with my name on them from six years ago. I took one and when she wasn't looking and read it." Onyx explains.

"Oh, so she was trying to hide from you? Bummer, I wish we would have met sooner, you seem cool."

"Yeah, you too." She smiles with half of her mouth. Onyx seemed to fit my 'vibe'. She's cheerful and always had a smile on her face. "Anyway, what do you like to do? You know, hobbies. I mostly spend my time drawing. My mum says it's a waste of time but she says it because she wants the best for me."

"Tough love."

Pansy Parkinson

"And now she's hanging out with the new girl who's like ridiculously hot, but that's not the point, and she expects me to apologize! Can you believe that?" I scoff, pacing in circles around my dorm. "Apologize for what?" Blaise's eyebrows furrow.

"I kind of, sort of, maybe told her that I didn't like her and that I was just using her to get over Draco," I mumble with a shrug. "Wait, wait, wait. You told her that! Why the fuck would you say that?" Blaise pinches his nose bridge then takes a deep breath.

"I know you're too badass to apologize but If you don't say sorry, I will. How could you take advantage of a sweet girl like her?"

"Shut up, I'm supposed to be mad at you...I hate it when you're right." I plop down on his bed and pout. "How about you go take pictures of cute bunnies in the Dark Forest and once you cool down, go say sorry." He places his hand around my shoulder.

"Fine."

A/n: Small cliffhanger?? Anyway, for anyone that has read My Best friend (an old book of mine.) I will slowly be releasing new chapters for it since I took it down for rewriting. ALSO I couldn't find anyone that looks exactly like I pictured Onyx but basically she has really pale skin, cherry red hair, and she's tall and slim. Her hairstyle is kind of like Alex (@stapleyourmouthshut on tiktok) when they are masculine? I dunno how to describe it.