33.

Lucille Blaire Evans

It's been a month since Pansy told me she loved me. I'm happy but also kind of nervous because I didn't say it back. She didn't seem to notice since we were so lost in the moment but eventually, she'll ask. I'm still not sure If I love her. I mean, she's lovely but maybe it's too soon?

The train ride home usually takes a few hours but all I can think about is the fact that I meet her parents today. They might not like me or think I'm too quiet, or something else. Her mum doesn't know we're together, but her dad does, and he's probably super intimidating and hard to impress.

Pansy's head rests peacefully on my lap, her fingers tracing circles on my thigh, I twirl my hair in between mine. I watch fields now covered in snow speed by. "Anything from the trolley, dear?' The Trolley Witch stops at the door of our compartment. "No, thank you and I think she doesn't want anything either," I respond, referring to Pansy who had just fallen asleep.

"Young love." She whispers to herself with a smile and continues walking. I move my hand from my hair to Pansy's head, running my fingers through her hair. I continue to play with her hair until I also fall asleep. Before I know it, the train stops.

My eyes flutter open as Pansy slowly wakes up. "Your thighs make great pillows." She groans and sits up. "Pansy, what if they don't like me. I have literally nothing to talk about." I stand and walk out of our compartment. "Don't worry, my love, my dad likes everyone, and my mum hates everything, and everyone." She says casually.

"I would hold your hand but I don't want to give my mum a heart attack...just yet." She grabs her bag and I take mine. "I assure you, I'll make your dad hate me, I'm so boring." I sigh. My heart begins to pound the closer we get to the exit. "You'll be fine," She wraps her arm around my shoulder but takes it off once we step out.

She looks around the platform until she spots her parents. We walk towards an extremely intimidating couple. Who I assume is her dad stands tall. His jet black hair is slicked back. He's wearing a maroon-colored turtleneck with a dark gray suit over it and a pair of semi-rimless glasses.

Her mum, also quite tall, wore a matching blazer to Pansy's father with a white button-up blouse underneath, a maroon scarf, and a gray pencil skirt with dark stockings underneath. Her reddish, brown hair is tied up in a high bun. It's crazy how much Pansy looks like her parents. "You know, maybe I should just call my aunt and tell her to pick me up." I stop walking.

"No, don't chicken out now." She grabs my hand and drags me over to her parents. "There she is," Her dad's stern face changes into a bright smile, pulling Pansy into a hug. "Ah, you must be Lucille, Pansy has told me a little about you." He turns to me, shaking my hand.

"Hi, Mr. Parkinson, Mrs. Parkinson, thank you so much for letting me stay with you guys-"

"Yes, yes, now, come on, it's late enough." Her mum interrupts me and starts walking away. "Don't mind her, she's like that with everyone. So, how long have you and Pansy been together?" Her dad walks with Pansy and I, following her mum. "Almost four months," I nod.

"I hope you're treating her right." He raises his eyebrows at me. "She is, she keeps me out of trouble." Pansy looks over at her mum before squeezing my hand and placing a kiss on my cheek. "That's good, we don't need this one getting suspended again." He shakes his head.

"She deserved it." She mumbles under her breath. "She did," I agree with her. "What kind of things are you watching on the internet?" He gives us a worried look. "True crime documentaries and how to get away with murder." Pansy shrugs.