39.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"I didn't know you had a gun." I sniffle, wiping my tears and sweeping up the broken glass. "I forgot I had it. I was so scared when I found out what happened to your mum, so I bought it." She carefully puts it back in its place. "Oh, just don't take it out anymore." I sigh and she nods. I go upstairs to my parents' bedroom and see the absolute mess those men made. Their bed's messed up, a vase of roses is broken on the floor, so is their picture, and the teddy bear they had gotten me on my birthday is thrown on the floor.

I clean up the mess and pick up the bear and notice a small tear on it. I take the bear into my bedroom, ignoring all the broken plant pots. I sew up the rip with a small sewing kit and just look at the bear, then give it a hug. "Lu? Oh, there you are. Do you plan on cleaning that blood off your nose?" She steps in and sits on my bed.

"Mhm, just give me a second," I mumble. "Pansy did the right thing, you know. She really cares about you. I'm sure she is just fine." She assures, rubbing my shoulder.

Pansy Parkinson

"Give me your cell phone." My mum demands as soon as we walk into our house. "No, it's mine." I shake my head. "What did you just say to me?" She raises her eyebrows. "No, it's my phone, you're invading my privacy." I go to walk upstairs, but she tightly grabs my wrist.

"You lost your privacy when you became a lesbian and ran away. Now, give me your phone." She repeats herself, tightening her grip on my wrist, making me slightly whimper. I give her my phone and run up to my room, slamming the door behind me. If she's going to be homophobic, the least she could do is get my sexuality right.

I should've just stayed with Lu. Someone knocks on my door. I only assume it's my dad because my mum doesn't knock. "What?" I say harshly. "If you would've slammed that door any harder, I'm pretty sure it would have fallen off." He softly chuckles. "What is it, dad? I'm really not in a good mood." I huff.

"Would you like to tell me what has got you in a not-good mood?" He asks. "Your wife and the guards completely wrecked Lu's house and had one of them punch her across the nose and insisted I go with her or she won't leave Lu alone."

"What? I've got to talk to her because that's crazy." He scoffs and walks down the hall. I shut my door and plop down on my bed. Knowing my mum, I probably won't be able to leave my room for the rest of winter break. I spend the rest of the day trapped in my room, like fucking Rapunzel. I suddenly hear yelling and arguing come from my parents' room.

Pansy, don't be nosey.

I roll my eyes and tiptoe over to their room, avoiding all the floorboards that creek so they won't hear me. "-she's your daughter. Whether you like it or not, you need to support her." I hear my dad lower his voice. "I refuse to have a lesbian as a daughter!" My mum yells. "This is how teens become mentally ill, by not receiving the love and affection from their parents. If you don't want to support her, then at least give me her cell phone, so she can talk to other people that support her." He sighs."Do you want her phone back? Okay," I then hear something hit the wall.

This is all my fault, I should've just stayed quiet.

"I'll just get her another one." He goes to open the door. I quickly sprint to my room, laying down on my bed and pulling out a random book. There's the knock again. "Come in," I answer. "Hey," My dad says in a 'singy-songy' voice and sits on my bed next to me. "Do you remember that cabin we used to go to in the winter?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, pack your things because we are going tomorrow, just you and me for the rest of your winter break." He smiles. "Really...can invite Lu?" I shut the book with a grin. He jokingly rolls his eyes. "Of course, as long as you're happy. You can call her through my phone and If she says yes, we'll pick her up in the morning." He nods. I let out a small squeal and hug him. He hands me his phone and asks, "Do you know her number." I also roll my eyes and dial her number.