37.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Merry Christmas, my love." I groan as the sun shines in my room. I turn around to face Pansy but she isn't there. My eyebrows furrow once I realize she isn't in my room. I get up from bed and walk downstairs. "Oh, Lu, you're up, Merry Christmas." My aunt smiles cheerfully, serving Blaise pancakes.

"Good morning, have you seen Pansy?" I look around at the table and into the kitchen but she isn't there. "Um, no. Why? Is she not in your room? Maybe she went back over to her house. Sit down, eat some breakfast. You need to eat." She pulls out a chair after placing some eggs on Blaise's plate. "I highly doubt that," Blaise mumbles with food stuffed into his mouth.

"Hmm, maybe she went out for a walk, maybe a run? Don't worry she'll be back. Now, eat." She waves it off and places food onto an empty plate. "Yeah, she does go on runs sometimes. But she would have eaten first or told me." I nod and sit down.

"You can call her after you finish your breakfast." Anna rests her hands on my shoulders. I nod again and start eating. "This is amazing, Anna. I haven't had someone make me breakfast in the longest time." Blaise continues to stuff his face with food. "I'm glad you liked it, Blaise. And remember, you can stay here as long as you want, I make breakfast every day." She chuckles.

I try to eat but it only makes me sick to my stomach. What If something bad happened to her? Or what if she realized her mum was right? There I go again, overthinking every little thing.

"Lu, come on, you barely have eaten. Does this happen a lot? Have you been eating?" She sits next to me. "Yes, I have, Pansy has helped me a lot with that, but I'm worried about her. What If I pushed it too far?" I sigh. "Don't worry, she is just fine and happy with you, okay? The sooner you eat, the sooner you get to call her."

"You're right." I take a deep breath. I continue to eat. Just as I finish up, Pansy walks through the front door. "Good morning, Merry Christmas." She gives us a quick smile and rushes up to my room. "Pansy-" I stand up and follow her. I watch as she stuffs something into her bag and quickly zips it up. "Where were you? I was so worried."

"Nowhere, I was only gone for an hour two, I'm here now." She gives me a small kiss. "No, you tell me where you were." I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "Since you want to know so bad...well, I can't tell you, it's a surprise. A surprise with four parts. Now, stop worrying." She cups my cheeks. I narrow my eyes at her puppy-dog eyes and pout.

"Fine, just don't do that again. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. And I can't stay mad at you." I look away from the expression still on her face. "Trust me when I tell you, you'll absolutely love it." She presses her lips against mine once again. "Let's go downstairs, you need to eat." I take her hand and bring her back down to the table.

"Oh, this bag is lovely, Anna. Where'd you get it" Blaise grabs a black crocheted shoulder bag with small purple flowers on it. "Actually, I made it." She steps over towards him. "Really? Wow, do you sell them? I'd love to buy one."

"I have an online business. But you can have that one for free, I was just practicing." She smiles at him. "Are you sure? I can pay." He tilts his head. "I insist, I can make them pretty quickly. I used to make Lu loads of stuffed animals. Just ask her to show you."

"I refuse to show anyone my stuffed animals." I scoff, sitting beside Pansy as she begins to eat. "Actually, can you show me her baby pictures?" He winks at me. "Of course, dear, I have so many." She says excitedly and heads upstairs with Blaise. "I'm going to kill him." I groan in embarrassment, pressing my forehead against the table. "I would like to see your baby pictures," Pansy smirks and runs upstairs.