27.

Pansy Parkinson

"Are you okay?" Theo asks as we walk down the dark, empty corridor. "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine," I say repeatedly. With every word I speak, my voice breaks even more. Tears fill my eyes. "I can't kill him, I just can't." Blaise and Theo stop walking and hug me. "But he'll kill me If I don't." I sob into Blaise's chest.

"Shh, it's okay." Blaise whispers. "It's not okay. If I do kill him, Lucille will never forgive, she's the only thing keeping me going. I'll kill myself." I sob even more. "Pansy, you don't have to tell her anything. I'll do it." Theo sighs, cupping my cheeks. "No, no, I have to do it."

"You're one of my best friends, I'm not going to let you do that." He wipes my tears with his thumbs. "I have to do it." I sniffle and continue walking. "Pansy-"

"Just, leave me alone." I walk faster, leaving Blaise and Theo behind me. Tears stream down my cheeks. I really can't kill someone. I'll go to Azkaban for the rest of my life and die alone.

"Where have you been? You left early," Lucille asks with a worried face as soon as I walk through my dorm door. "Are you crying?" She stands up stepping closer to me. "I'm fine. I'm just tired. You know, when you get really tired and then the smallest things make you want to break down?" I softly smile at her.

"No, let's just go to bed, okay?" She presses her lips against mine. She really seems to lighten up the room. I nod and lay down with her. She wraps her arm around me, pulling me closer. I can't help but continue to cry. "My love, what's wrong? You can talk to me." She looks down at me, sympathy in her eyes.

"I'm just really emotional, don't worry about me." I push myself even closer to her. "You're okay, I'm here for you." She tries to comfort me. Lucille rubs my back and begins to hum the song I used to sing to her. "I hate you seeing me like this, vulnerable."

"It's okay, I'll never judge you." She kisses the top of my head and continues to hum for what feels like forever but I finally fall asleep.

I wake up with my eyes sore from crying. I look around the room and see Lucille brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "Good morning, my darling. Are you feeling any better?" She rinses out her mouth and crouches next to my bed. "I had a few nightmares but I'm fine. Can you skip class with me today, I don't want to be alone." I play with her fingers.

"Pansy, we have an exam for DADA today, but as soon as the class ends, we'll come back and cuddle all day, alright?" She gently caresses my cheek. "I don't want to go to class," I mumble, my voice breaking once again. Why can't I stop crying?

"My love, you have to. I promise you, once we finish, you can stay here all day. Do it for me, okay?" I nod and sit up, trying to hold back my tears. "Can you tell me what's wrong, I want to help you." She hugs me but I stay quiet. "You can't help me, no one can help me." I keep my hands wrapped around her waist. "Well, If you just talk to me, maybe I can." She lifts my chin to look up at her. "You'll never look at me the same. You'll never forgive me. I'm a horrible person."

"No, you're not. I...like you, so much, Pansy. Nothing will change the way I look at you." She cups my cheeks and slowly kisses my lips. "You don't mean that." I pull away, taking her hands off my face. "Yes, I do." She says firmly. "I-I have to get dressed." I get up and look through my dressers for my uniform.

"I hate seeing you like this." She hugs me from behind. "Just don't leave me, Lu." I turn around, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Never,"

"You have an hour to complete this exam. If you fail, I will not be giving extra credit, so don't bother." Snape begins to hand out the exam. "This is not a time to sleep, Ms. Parkinson." He stops in front of me. I lift my head from my crossed hands with sleepy eyes. "Sorry," I review the test as soon as he says it begins. Fuck, I don't know any of this.

The hour went by as If it were two minutes. "Quills up, turn in your tests before you leave," Snape announces. I look down at my exam with only three answers filled out. I sigh and walk up to his desk after everyone leaves. He looks at my test, then up at me. "Can I retake the test?"

"No, I specifically said no extra credit."

"Please, Professor, you know what I'm going through, you were there," I beg him. He lets out an annoyed sigh and says "Very well, I understand. You can take the exam next class, I expect you to do better." I give him a soft smile and walk out, only to see Lucille waiting for me outside.

"Oh, I thought you left."

"He was there? Professor Snape? Pansy, now you're hiding something from me." She folds her arms over her chest. "Why would he be there?" She questions me.

A/n: *plays She Knows by J Cole*