13.

A/n: For the first part of this chapter, can we all just imagine Pansy humming "I Bet On Losing Dogs" by Mitski

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Lu? Are you sure you're okay?" Pansy knocks on the door. I jump and respond with, "Yeah, I'll be out in a second." I nod even though she can't see me. My fingers run through my hair as flashbacks run through my head.

"Lu, sweetheart, go wash up before the guests arrive, alright?" My mum says sweetly, rinsing her hands in the kitchen sink. "Ah, ah, before you go, your mum and I thought we'd let you have our special birthday gift." My dad stops me and hands me a yellow gift bag with a bright pink bow on it.

"Really?" Excitement fills my voice. They both nod. I reach into the bag and pull a light brown teddy bear with a pink ribbon around its neck and a heart attached to it.

I take a closer look at the heart to see a picture of my mum, dad, and I smiling while laying down on our trampoline in our backyard. "Aww! I love it! I'm going to name it...Star. Since we like looking at the stars at night sometimes." I give the bear a tight hug then my parents.

"Good! Now, go wash up." My mum places a quick kiss on my forehead. I nod and rush into the guest bathroom. As I wash my hands, I hear a loud bang come from the kitchen.

"Mum? Dad?" I question, slowly creaking the bathroom door open. I step out and nervously walk over to the kitchen. My eyes widen with terror as I watch my parents bleed out on the hardwood floor and a familiar man above them...holding a bloody knife.

I let out a large gasp and slowly take a few steps back as the man begins to greet me with a large grin plastered on his face. "Do you remember me, Lucille?" He asks, stepping closer towards me.

I shake my head and run down the hall. Just as he catches up to me, I feel a sharp pain slide across my shoulder, he had cut me.

"Calm yourself, Lucille. You're being dramatic." I calm myself down. I take a deep breath and open the bathroom door. "You know you can talk to me right?" Pansy tilts her head then pulls me into a hug. "Yeah, it was just a bad dream. Everyone gets bad dreams."

"Well, whatever it was, you're safe now." She slowly rubs my back. I dig my head into the crook of her neck and let out a deep sigh. "Let's go back to bed." She takes my hand and walks me back over to her. We get back into her bed, this time, Pansy hugs me tighter than before.

"Lu?"

"Mm?" I mumble, playing with the end of her shirt. "When we were in the shower, you had this sort of scar on your shoulder...Did your nightmare have anything to do with it?" Her hand gently strokes my hair. "Umm, no, I got the scar from an accident when I was little." I lie and look up at her. She looks down at me.

"Lu, are you telling me the truth?" She raises her eyebrows. I hesitate but shake my head no. "Well...is it bad?" She asks me. I nod. "Then you don't have to talk about it." Her chin rests on my head as she pulls me closer. "But at some point, I do expect you to talk about it. Because, you know, it's what couples do. They talk to each other." My breath becomes slightly heavier just at the thought of me telling her.

I don't want her to change how she acts around me just because of my past. "Don't worry, you don't have to tell me anything until you're ready." Pansy traces circles on my back and softly hums until I slowly fall back asleep.

I feel so safe with her?

A/n: I know this chapter is really short but I will be uploading another one today.