38.

Lucille Blaire Evans

"Bonjour, mon amour." Pansy caresses my cheek and kisses my forehead. "Good morning, my darling." I place a small kiss on her lips. "I smell bacon," She chuckles, gets up, and tosses me a shirt. "Thank you," I slip on the shirt and grab a pair of shorts. We walk downstairs, holding hands, and sit down at the table.

"Good morning, you two. Oh, Lucy, you have a little something there." Anna points at my neck. "Lipstick," She laughs to herself. My cheeks become red. "I'll get that for you." Pansy uses her thumb to rub the lipstick off. "Where's Blaise?" She asks. "Sadly, he went home. He said he needed to get some more clothes. I'm sure he'll be back." Anna places eggs and bacon on our plates.

Pansy then gets a text message. Her eyes widen as she reads it. "Oh, shit. My mum found me and she's on her way. Anna, do you have any place I could hide, I really don't wanna go with her." She gives my aunt a small smile. "Umm, yeah, just come with me." She nods. Just the look she gave me, I already know where she is going to hide.

The three of us walk back upstairs. Anna unlocks the door to my parents' bedroom. "I don't really have any rules in the house, but, please don't touch anything. You can hide in the closet behind some clothes." She opens the door. "No, of course, thank you so much. I can't spend the rest of my winter break with her." Pansy nods and steps into my parents' closet after looking around.

"I'm going to lock the door, okay?" She closes the doors and locks it again. "I hate having people in there." She sighs. "I know, me too, but my mum would've helped her. Let's clean up the table." I suggest. She nods. We clean up the table and wash the dishes.

A loud bang comes from Pansy's door, that must be Pansy's mum. My aunt skips over to the door and opens it with a kind smile. Yep, it's Dahlia. "Where's my daughter? I know you have her. This is kidnapping." She huffs, walking into our home and looking around. "Ma'am, I did not say you could come in." Anna follows her as she searches the house.

"Pansy? Quit hiding, I know you're here!" She rushes upstairs, my aunt still following her. Dahlia looks into each room and then tries to open the door to my parents' room. "She's in here, I know it." She pulls out her wand. "I don't know what you're talking about, that room is just storage," Dahlia mutters a spell and unlocks the door.

My aunt finally snaps.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave before I call the police. Now." She crosses her arms over her chest, clenching her jaw. "No, I will call the police, you have my child." She looks around the room and stops at my parents' picture. "How old exactly is your daughter?"

"She's...fifteen." Dahlia stutters. "Really? Because from what I've heard, she's actually seventeen. Which makes her an adult, and If she wanted to move out, she could. So, I ask you, once again, to leave. You are trespassing." My aunt demands, holding the room door open for her.

"Fine, I can't stand spending another moment in this poor, filthy place." She scoffs and walks downstairs. "Actually, we make pretty good money, my husband's an engineer. And I'm studying to be a lawyer, and I have an online business that's going pretty well. We just haven't sold this place because it holds a lot of sentimental value." Anna gives her a sarcastic smile. "Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." Dahlia purposely knocks over the same vase Blaise did the other day, this time it actually breaks.

"I sleep very well at night, knowing that I earned the money I have. Unlike you, who I'm guessing inherited all your money, and who knows what else you did." She scoffs as Dahlia walks outside. "I'll be back and trust me, you'll regret it!"

"She was a handful." She sighs as soon as she closes the door. "Is she gone?" Pansy peeks at the door after coming downstairs. "Yeah, no offense, but how do you live with her?" My aunt shakes her head. "I don't even know. Is this what broke? I'll clean it up, I'm so sorry about her." She looks down at the broken pottery on the floor and grabs a broom.

"No, no, no, don't worry about it. I'll clean it up." Anna takes the broom from Pansy's hands and starts sweeping. "But at least let me do something around here. You're already letting me stay here, I want to help out."

"Fine, if you insist, can you put away the clean dishes?" She gives in. "If I recall, four months ago, you told me 'the house-elves do all the cleaning.'" I hop onto the kitchen counter. "I only said that to piss you off." She winks at me, storing some plates in a cupboard. "Of course you did," I roll my eyes.

She continues to put cups and plates away. Another knock comes from the door. "I'll get that." I hop off the counter and head towards the door. I look through the window and Dahlia again. This time she had at least five men with her, but they aren't police officers. "Pansy, I suggest you go back to hiding." I let out an annoyed groan. "Oh, God, she's back." She walks back upstairs.

Once I hear the room door close, I open the front door. "I thought my aunt told you-" Before I can finish my sentence, one of the men grabs my arms and holds them behind me. I try to fight him but it's no use. Another grabs my aunt and two men go upstairs. "Let go of me!" I yell, his grip only becomes tighter on me. "I told you, I'll be back and you'll regret it." Dahlia steps in front of us.

"Search this house, destroy it If you have to! I'm not leaving without my daughter." She traces her hand along a small table with family pictures of them, knocking each one down. They shatter and glass covers the floor. "This wouldn't have to happen If you would have just handed her over. But no, you just have to fight it." She snickers as she, my aunt, and I watch as the men tear the house apart.

The home I grew up in, that I was literally born in this house. And now it's being destroyed, every vase, plant, and frame. I look over at my aunt who's completely silent, a tear falling down her cheek. It's one of the first times she has nothing to say. She also grew up in this house.

"Ma'am, we found her." One of her men says, walking downstairs. The other man comes down, holding Pansy's arms. "Let go of me, you crazy bastards!" She kicks and yells but he doesn't have a reaction. "It's time you learn that, you will never win." Dahlia whispers, harshly squeezing my cheeks with her thumb and index finger.

"Don't touch her!" Pansy exclaims, still kicking and fighting. "Oh? Don't touch her?" Dahlia scoffs and signals her head at one of her men. He punches me across the nose. I spit out the blood that's falling into my mouth but still try to fight back. Pansy manages to get free from the man and grabs my wand. "Let go of them." She demands, pointing my wand at the guys that were holding me and my aunt, but they don't budge. "I will fucking kill all of you! Let go of them."

They look at Dahlia for approval, she hesitates but nods. They let go of us. "Get behind me," She keeps her wand pointed at the men, I do as she told me "Are you okay, my love? Look at your face." Pansy turns around, cupping my cheeks and wiping the blood off my nose. Instead of getting behind Pansy, Anna steps into the kitchen. She comes back out pointing a gun at Dahlia. "I already lost my sister, I'm not going to lose my niece. Get the fuck out of my house."

"Please, you don't even know how to use that." Dahlia scoffs. She raises her eyebrows and cocks the gun. "Tia, put down the gun." I try to calm her down. "Do you want me to take it from her, ma'am?" One of the men asks. "No, but not leaving without my daughter. Come with me, Pansy, and I'll leave your little girlfriend and her aunt alone." Dahlia places her hand on Pansy's shoulder.

Pansy looks down, then softly kisses my lips. "I love you," She takes her hands off my cheeks. "What? No, Pansy, who knows what she'll do to you once you're alone." I shake my head, squeezing her hand. "I can take whatever she does to me, I just want you to be safe." She gives me a soft smile. "A lot can happen in a week. Just stay with me, we can defend ourselves." My vision becomes blurry as tears begin to fill and fall out of my eyes.

"Don't cry, I'll be just fine." She gives me another kiss and lets go of my hand. One of the men grabs Pansy's arm but she shakes it off. "Don't fucking touch me, I can walk." She walks out the front door along with everyone else.

As I watch her walk out, I realize I also love her. And now I won't be able to tell her for another week.

A/n: I got a little carried away with the last scene, I've been watching a lot of novelas. Also, I kind of left ya'll on two cliffhangers because Anna mentioned that she "lost her sister" and Pansy doesn't know that Lucille's parents are dead. :)