53.

Lucille Blaire Evans

I stand in front of my bathroom mirror holding up two dresses. Dresses aren't my thing. They always ride up because of my thighs or just look awkward on my body. But for once, I wanted to look nice.

I choose the white silk dress with an open back and spaghetti straps. Pansy always said that white or red were my colors. I slip on the dress and look in the mirror. There is this awkward gap between where the fabric in the back starts and my butt. The slit in the front is a little too high.

I bet If Pansy were to look me, she would see nothing wrong with it. I groan at the fact that the other dress looks even sluttier. Whatever I'll keep the white one on. I sit at my desk and put on some light makeup on my eye.

Pansy is probably already waiting for me in the Room of Requirement. I don't really pay mind to that though. I want to look my best.

Last night felt different. After we went inside, it felt more passionate than usual. Her kisses felt softer, everything she did felt slower and more romantic. We stayed up almost all night talking about all the places we'll go.

I told her I wanted to see the Northern Lights and she told me she wanted to go somewhere tropical, like Bora Bora or Italy.

I snap myself out of my thoughts and take my head off my hands. After slipping on a pair of heels, I grab all the necessary things and shove them into my bag, also grabbing a bouquet of flowers I got for Pansy. As I walk down the corridors, I think about all my favorite moments with Pansy.

The first time she said she loved me...
"Say it again,"
"I love you and no one will ever get in between us ever again."

When she told me she liked me...
"So...you like me huh?"
"Yeah,"

Seeing her after she was gone for a week...
"I missed you."
"Yeah you did."
"Shut up and kiss me,"

When I realized how safe I felt with her...
"Don't worry, you don't have to tell me anything until you're ready."

Something about tonight felt different and I don't know what it was. I hadn't seen Onyx all day, which is never a good sign. My gut tells me I should worry and stop this crazy plan but then my heart tells me to spend the rest of my life with Pansy.

"Lu!" Blaise runs up to me. He's wearing an all black suit and matching dress shoes. "You look gorgeous by the way. But I believe the party is the other way." He chuckles while looking at me up and down. "Right, um..." Quick Lucille, come up with an excuse. "I'm going to meet up with Pansy." I nod even though it sounds as If I'm not sure.

"Oh, a before-party-quickie," He smirks. I gasp and smack his arm, making him burst out laughing. "Not everything is about sex, you know." I roll my eyes. "I see. Well, I'll see you at the party. I would say to use protection but that's not a problem for you two." He winks at me and walks the other direction.

I roll my eyes again and walk over to the Room of Requirement. I creak one of the ginormous doors open and shut it after I step in. I walk around a little until I spot Pansy's bag. "Pans? I'm here," I peak my head over and spot her looking down at her cell phone.

She looks up at me with a smile. She's wearing a long, black over-the-shoulder dress. It's tight around the top of her body and flows out towards the ground loosely. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

"I got you some flowers," I look down at the bouquet in my hands, fixing up the flowers a bit. When I look back up at her, she has a sort of shocked look on her face, in a bad way. That is certainly not the reaction I was looking for.

"You don't like them? That's alright, we can always just get more," I wave it off but she doesn't respond. "Darling, are you alright?" I softly tilt my head. She says quiet and slowly places her over her stomach.

When she removes it...blood covers her hand.

Pansy lets out a small gasp and falls to the ground to reveal Onyx standing behind her holding a bloody knife. Shock runs through my body. It feels like my birthday all over again. The same feeling that made me not be able to move no matter how hard I tried.

"What's the matter, Lu? Cat got your tongue," She coos. "If I can't have you, neither can she," With that she drops the knife and aparates out of the room.