29.

Lucille Blaire Evans

I ended up going to class to get my mind off things. I feel bad that I left her, especially now when she's having nightmares, she helped me so much when I had mine. I walk into the potions classroom to see Slughorn already teaching the class. "Sorry, I'm late." I apologize and stand next to Blaise.

"Where is Pansy?" He whispers. Great, he mentioned the one thing I was trying to forget. "She's um tired so, she stayed in my dorm," I whisper back and he nods. "Now, amortentia doesn't create actual love, it creates obsession," Professor Slughorn explains, catching my attention. A few other girls and I lean in to smell the potion but Slughorn covers it.

For even the slightest moment, all I could smell was some sort of flower, maybe lavender.

Slughorn then gives us an assignment to make a draught of living dead potion for liquid luck. "Mate, I've never seen you this focused before." I overhear Blaise tell Theodore. "I want to give it to Pans, I feel bad for her." He sighs. "Yeah, I've never seen her this bad."

"Something on your mind, Lu?" Onyx asks. "No, my attention span has been so short recently." I look up and softly laugh. "Is it Pansy?" She raises her eyebrows. "What? Pansy's fine, there's nothing wrong with Pansy. Why would you ask about Pansy?" I blurt out.

"You know you can talk to me right?" She sets down the sopophorous bean in her hand. "There's nothing to talk about. I'm fine." I say firmly and focus on making the potion. "Are you sure?"

"Onyx, just get off my back." I go to slam my fist against the table but I stop myself. I walk out of the room and head to the bathroom. I should've just minded my own business and left Pansy alone. If I did, I wouldn't be in this bathroom, about to cry out of confusion, I don't even think that's possible.

"I'm assuming she told you," Blaise says, leaning against the door frame of the bathroom with his arms crossed. "Blaise, this is the women's restroom." I look at him through the mirror. "I don't see anyone in here, we're fine." He looks under the stalls and steps closer to me.

"She's still the same Pansy you love." He wipes my tears. "Woah, woah, I don't know about love." I pull his hands away from my face. "Sorry, 'like'. Anyway, it's just a stupid mark, she didn't even want to. She was manipulated into doing it. You may not accept yet, but you more-than-like her and I've never seen her happier than when she's with you." He sighs.

"So, pull yourself together because she needs you right now."

"You're right, I'm sorry. Once I'm done with class-"

"Ah, ah, ah, would Pansy wait until after class for you? Get your ass up there and cuddle or whatever it is you guys do when you're alone." He softly pushes me towards the bathroom door. He's completely right, Pansy has always been there for me.

I take a deep breath and walk back up to my dorm. Pansy's still asleep. I untie my shoes and lay next to her. "I'll never leave you again, everything is going to be just fine." I place a gentle kiss on her neck. I lay my hand on hers, resulting in her squeezing it.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were up. Did I wake you?" I slowly run my fingers through her hair. She shakes her head and turns around. "I've been trying to go back to sleep for a few minutes. It's like when I finally start to get some rest, my mind tells me 'Nope, I'm going to make you dream traumatizing things.'" She says in a sleepy voice.

"I have some sleeping pills somewhere. As long as you don't listen to your intrusive thoughts, I'll give you some, you could get at least a few hours of sleep." I softly smile. "That would actually be really nice. I haven't looked in the mirror but I can tell my dark circles make me look like a skeleton."

"You look fine." I quickly kiss her forehead and get off my bed, looking through my dressers for some pills. I finally find the bottle, hand her two, and lay back down on my bed. After she takes them, Pansy crawls on top of me, placing her head on my chest and wrapping her arms and legs around me. "You look like a monkey," I chuckle.

"Yes, well, monkey or not, you and your 'mum powers' give me comfort." She shuts her eyes and gets more comfortable. "My 'mum powers'? That's a new one."

"Yeah, you take care of me and stuff, make sure I'm alright. It makes me feel special." She shrugs. "I think that's the bare minimum but I'm glad you feel special, because you are. Now, go to sleep." I slowly begin to scratch her scalp. The two of us fall asleep and before we know it, the sun goes down and trades places with the moon.

My eyes bat open. I look down to see Pansy still on my chest, her breathing matching mine. I reach for my phone to check the time, trying not to wake up Pansy but she wakes up anyway. "Good morning?" She groans and rubs her eyes. "More like night." I softly chuckle. "That was probably my top three naps." She gets off me then twirls my hair.

"Are you going back to sleep?"

"Probably not, it is possible I got too much rest." She sits up and lets out a tired sigh. "Do you want to make beaded bracelets until you get tired again?" I suggest, raising my eyebrows. "We should make matching ones." She smiles innocently.

I nod and take out some string and colorful beads.

A/n: I'm going to say this just to stir the pot a bit, but Onyx has been a bit calm/quiet recently.